More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by BEN D BEN D

What should he do?

Do Nothing.

Bill did nothing. It seemed like the best solution. He failed to understand the concept of flirting – the most he understood of it came from a documentary he had watched on exotic birds. As little as the demon knew about humans, he was fairly certain dancing around and shrieking wasn't something they did to express romantic or sexual interest.

"Anyway," Blondie continued; she fished through her abnormally large purse and pulled out a flyer she placed on Bill's desk. The paper was covered in flashy colours – most of which were neon and hurt Bill's eyes, "I'm hosting a party to celebrate our last high school year. You should definitely come."

The demon perked up at the offer. With all the TV he had watched, he had learned to understand that parties, for teenagers, were a pretty big deal. It involved a lot of drinking, dancing, and mating but what intrigued Bill most was the drinking. Intoxicated meat sacks tended to be more honest and divulged even their deepest of secrets with little to no badgering. If Shooting Star and Pine Tree were to attend, he could get them and coax them into confessing their greatest weaknesses to be used against them. However, he needed to make sure his targets would attend without being obvious.

Bill was brought out of his musings. By Blondie as she leaned forward, towards him. Her low hanging v neck gave him a good view of the top of her firm mounds.
Bill was lost for word as Blondie obvious Flaunted her cleavage at him.
She keeped leaning more into him,"I would be so happy if you came" she whispered into his ear. "Don't you want me to be happy?"
"S-sure, i will be there." He stutter out. Blondie gave him a playfull smirk, before returning to an upright position. Why did he feel like he have just been played?

Just then, the second bell rang and the last student to enter, Pine Tree, dashed in just a few seconds before the teacher – said teacher happened to be none other than Old Man McGucket. The man looked much better than he ever had. He had trimmed his beard, dawned clean clothes, and stood upright. He also seemed to be far saner. That being said, McGucket was cause for worry. He was paranoid by nature and if anyone were to start getting suspicious of Bill for having done the most unnoticeable for strange things, it would be him. He could ruin his cover and so he had to be particularly careful when it came to this class.

"Who else is going to be there?" Bill asked as he watched Pine Tree seat himself next to Glasses. He gave her a sheepish smile and began whispering things to her as he took his binders and pencils out of his bag.

"Like, everyone." Jessica smirked.

"But seniors only. This is for us, not the rest of the school." The blue haired girl with the lip ring added.

"Everyone?" Bill asked and gestured Pine Tree and Glasses, "Even people like them?"

"Yeah." Blondie said, "I mean, nerd, Goth, otaku, hipsters, whatever; they're all invited. I don't know if Dipper will show up though."

"Dipper…?" Bill asked and he tried not to sound spiteful.

"The nerdy-hipster-fail-looking guy you pointed at; he's sitting next to Candy Chiu." Blondie specified, "I sort of forgot you were new for a moment. You know, I can show you around if you like."

Blondie's friends started giggling and making obscene sounds Bill didn't quite understand. He ignored them. He didn't care about them, they were not important, at the moment. Out of all of them, Blondie was the only interesting one because she could get him close to Shooting Star and Pine Tree.

"Sure," Bill agreed absently, "But why wouldn't he go?"

"I don't know." Blondie huffed, "He's generally not a fan of large gatherings and whatever. It's just not his style. Why do you ask?"

The demon was caught off-guard by the question. His mouth fell open, ready to give an answer, but he couldn't think of anything to say. Damn it! He had done something suspicious again! He shouldn't have been so nosy and straight forward! At least he got the information he wanted, but at what cost? None, apparently, because before Blondie could start getting too suspicious, McGucket began speaking. He called for everyone's attention as he started the class.

"Miss Northwest," He said and narrowed his eyes at Blondie, "I've heard from your other teachers how…disruptive you can be when seated near your friends. I'll give you a chance now but all it'll take is one mistake for me to move you to the front, understood?"

"Yup." She grinned.

"Now, before we get started," McGucket continued and his eyes fell upon Bill. "You must be new here because I've never seen you before. You've also neglected to bring anything with you; even a bag."

All the other students seated in front of Bill turned to look at him – including Pine Tree. He suddenly felt very nervous and didn't know what to say.

"What's your name?"

"B-Bill—" He uttered without thinking. He noticed Pine Tree frown from the corner of his eye and he started to panic. "Smith." He added quickly, "Bill Smith."

As stupid and ugly as Timothy was, in his opinion, the demon reckoned he should have gone by his name. He needed to stop panicking whenever he was expected to lie on the spot without preparation. On that note, the demon didn't really understand why he suddenly felt surges of panic every now and again. It must have had something to do with his body.

Stupid Timothy.

"Well, Bill," McGucket continued, "I suggest you start getting familiar with Dipper Pines."

"W-what…?" He stuttered meekly and he felt the colour drain from his face as his heart sped up.

"Because you'll be working on a group project, of course!" He exclaimed and the students groaned collectively.
"I've also taken the liberty of assigning each of you to a partner so, as I said, Bill Smith will work with Dipper Pines,
Chloe Price will—"

Bill let out a sigh of relief and slunk into his chair. He glanced at Pine Tree and bit his lip. On one hand he would be getting close to one of his targets but, on the other, getting close so soon could be dangerous. Bill still wasn't sure how he should act around other teenagers because he still didn't understand what was considered normal and what wasn't. He hoped he would have the opportunity to learn through observation before he decided to get closer to either Pine Tree or Shooting Star but that plan seemed to be out of the question now.

"Don't worry about it," Blondie whispered to him and nudged him, "Dipper's really smart. You won't have to do much of the work. It'll be an easy A."

Bill himself to smile. He hoped it looked normal but Blondie's face went red and she looked away instantly so he assumed he failed. The demon groaned inwardly. Today was already starting off terribly.

When McGucket finished imposing partners to every student in class, he began with the first lesson. Bill hardly paid attention. All the man was doing was listing the units they would be covering and giving a brief synopsis of the information they would be learning. For the most part, Bill already knew everything he was saying. The demon understood the cellular reproduction system and all its components perfectly, he understood how DNA was built and also possessed knowledge in regards to it that the dumb flesh bags hadn't discovered yet. He understood the human digestive, urinary, nervous, and circulatory systems as well as those for every single animal in the given dimension. By all means, he wouldn't even have to attend class to score perfect grades on every single test thrown his way.

But perhaps doing so was too weird. Bill reminded himself he shouldn't showcase his extended knowledge lest he be branded a nerd and bullied.

An hour and fifteen minutes later, the bell rang marking the end of class. Bill made quick work of slipping out of his desk, snatching the paper Blondie had given him, and darting into the hallway. He expressly ignored Pine Tree calling after him to wait – he likely wanted to discuss the project they would be working on together, but Bill wasn't ready. He needed more time – at least an hour – to get a better idea of how teenagers casually interacted with each other. there is also the next class to think about, but that wouldn't get him away from Pine Tree.
He stopped in the middle of the hall to consider his options.

What option should he pick?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)