More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Mr. E Mr. E

What do the two have planned tomorrow?

Dinner Date

It was simple enough. The two would meet up at a restaurant in the middle of town before taking in a movie and finishing up with a stroll in the park. It wasn't much, but it worked with Kyle's last girlfriend.

The only difference being that Lucy was honestly ecstatic about the idea and didn't label him as "cheap" like his Ex did.

Kyle stood outside the restaurant, patiently waiting for Lucy to arrive dressed in a navy blue jacket, green t-shirt, and blue jeans. He nervously looked down at the gift box in his hand, wondering if it was too early for the gift stage yet, before looking down at his watch. It was three-to-five, and Lucy hadn't shown up yet.

"I knew it was too good to be true..." He sighed.

"Excuse me, are you Kyle G.?"

Looking up, Kyle saw Lucy walking towards him nervously, a shy smile on her face and dressed in a black denim jacket, red t-shirt, and a red knee length skirt.

"Uh... Yes." Kyle said, clearing his throat. "Lucy M.?"

"That's me!" Lucy replied with a nod. "Sorry I'm a little late. I had a little trouble deciding what to wear. Do I look alright? It's not too much is it? Or too little? I can go back home and change real quick if it is."

"No. No, you look great." Kyle said as he placed a hand on Lucy's shoulder reassuringly.

"You really think so?" Lucy asked, getting a nod from Kyle in response. "Thanks, I was really hoping not to mess up. This is my first date ever and -" her eyes widened in horror as she blushed scarlet, "GAH! Why the hell did I say that?! You must think I'm some sort of complete pathetic loser now!"

"Hey! Hey. I don't think your a loser." Kyle said, "You're just anxious. Let's just go in and we can get to know each other better."

"I'd like that." Lucy said with a smile. Her eyes wandered downward until they laid on the box in Kyle's hands. "What's that?"

"Oh, uh..." Kyle stammered, now feeling that it was his turn to turn red as he handed the box to Lucy. "Well, I hope its not to forward or too soon, but I..."

"Aww! You actually got me a present? How sweet!" Lucy cooed as she took gently took the box, a look of guilt coming to her face. "But, I didn't get you anything."

"Ah, don't worry about it!" Kyle replied with a laugh as Lucy placed the gift into her bag. "Honestly, I -"

"Excuse me, I hate to break up your tender moment, but my manager says that you two either need to come in or stop loitering and leave." An employee interrupted as he stuck his head out the door.

"Sorry." Kyle and Lucy sheepishly replied simultaneously, heading into the restaurant.


"Jackpot." A man in his early thirties said with a smirk, lowering his binoculars as he sat in his car. "You thought you can get away from us before you can try and bring in The Anti-Christ, huh? Well, you thought -"

"WHOO! HIGH SCORE!"

"Hailey!" The man shouted at his passenger, a woman the exact same age who yelped and dropped her phone. "Have you seriously forgotten why we're here?! This is a stakeout! Not a vacation!"

"Sorry, Grant." Hailey apologized sheepishly. "I just got a little bored and -"

"Nevermind! Let's get moving!"


"So..." Kyle said as he and Lucy sat in a booth in the back, trying to break the ice. "Why don't you tell me a little about yourself?"

"What would you like to know?" Lucy asked in response.

"I guess the first thing on my mind is why would you send your dating video to me out of all the other guys on that site?"

"Well, I guess it was after I saw your dating video and heard your story." Lucy replied, "I mean, the way your last girlfriend just dumped you like that after only a week was just... It was pure evil! And honestly, she's an idiot for doing so. I mean, have you looked in a mirror?"

"Ha! Oh yeah..." Kyle chuckled awkwardly as he flexed his arm slightly. "Complete stud here."

"Okay, you're not Hercules, but your not a string bean, either. You're really attractive physically." Lucy said with a giggle. "But I liked your personality a lot more. You sound like you're really fun and smart."

"Thanks."

"So, what made you click accept on mine?" Lucy asked, hoping to keep the ball rolling.

"Well, out of all the women I saw, you didn't seem crazy or self-centered." Kyle explained, "You actually seemed really genuine and sweet, and, I admit, I felt my heartstrings being pulled at you never feeling love and affection before. Plus," he chuckled playfully, "you're simply adorable when you're flustered."

"Well, I can safely say no one has ever described me that way before..." Lucy said with a smile and a blush. "Thank you. Anything else you like to know?"

"Well, you said you ran a business, right? Which one?"

"Oh, you probably never really heard of us, to be honest, but we specialize in deals." Lucy replied, finding her glass of water more interesting. "Basically the whole 'we help you get what you always wanted, and you give us something important of yours' ordeal."

"Like my immortal soul?" Kyle asked. At seeing Lucy's horrified expression, he chuckled and said, "I'm kidding. I'm kidding."

"Heh. Yeah..." Lucy said with a nervous laugh before clearing her throat. "What about you?"

"Well, I'm not a tycoon businessman, but I do have a pretty steady job as a cashier." Kyle replied, "The bookstore down the street from here."

"Hey, gotta start somewhere. I started out from nothing after my dad... Er, disowned me."

"I'm so sorry to hear that!" Kyle said with sympathy, "Why the hell would he do something like that?!"

"Pick up the good book, and you'll find out."

Kyle and Lucy looked up to see Grant standing in front of the table with a smug grin. Kyle gave a confused look as Lucy groaned and shook her head.

"Can I help you, Sir?" Kyle asked.

"No, but allow us to help you escape the clutches of pure evil." Grant replied.

"What are you talking about?" Kyle asked, getting annoyed. Turning to Lucy, he asked, "You know this guy?"

"Oh, Lucy and our organization go way back. Right, Hailey?"

"..."

"Hailey?" Grant asked, looking over his shoulder as he saw Hailey flirting with an overweight waiter. "Excuse me..." He growled as he turned and left.

"... No way!" Hailey said to the overweight man, "I refuse to believe that an Adonis like you isn't taken and gets ridiculed for it! Those dumb bitches obviously don't recognize a hot Dad Bod when they see one!"

"Hailey!" Grant hissed angrily, grabbing his coworker by the collar. "What the hell do you think you're doing?! We were paid to do a job, not get laid!"

"Geeze, Grant! You act like I can't mix business and pleasure!" Hailey groaned. "And please watch the shirt. I just got it back from my mom's."

"Stop goofing off!" Grant barked, "You're a wall of muscle. Use the one in your freaking head! We're supposed to grab that -"

As Grant gestured to the booth, he gasped as he saw both Lucy and Kyle were gone. Growling he shoved the taller Amazon as he shouted, "Come on! We're not losing her!"

As Grant ran off, Hailey turned back to the waiter with an apologetic smile. "I gotta go... Work and all that. But," She grabbed a pen and wrote a number down on the waiter's arm and winked, "If you wanna have some fun with a woman who's crazy for love handles some time..."

"HAILEY!"

"Call me." Hailey whispered before running off after her partner, leaving the stunned and confused waiter behind.


"Lucy, what's going on?!" Kyle asked as Lucy dragged him down the street. "Who were those people?!"

"I'll explain later! Right now, we need to get back to my apartment!" Lucy exclaimed, "Where did you park your car?!"

"I took the bus." Kyle replied, "My car's in the shop. Don't you live close by? That was the reason you didn't drive up and looked like you didn't break a sweat, right?"

"Uh..." Lucy stammered, giving an expression that, for some reason to Kyle, said 'Oh, Crap! I did NOT think this through!'.

"Gotcha!" Hailey shouted as she grabbed both Lucy and Kyle by the backs of their collars, causing them both to yelp in surprise. Looking up she shouted, "Grant! I got 'em!"

"Congratulations! You managed to do one part of your job right." Grant said sarcastically as he strode up to the couple, pulling a handgun out of his jacket.

"WHOA! Wait a second here!" Kyle exclaimed, sticking up his hands. "I think I get it! This is some kind of mafia thing! Look, if Lucy or I walked in on something we shouldn't, -"

"We're not with the mafia, you moron!" Grant snapped, "And this isn't for you!"

Grant turned and aimed the handgun at Lucy and pulled the trigger... Spraying Lucy in the face with a splash of water.

"That's right, bitch!" Grant snapped as Lucy spat and sputtered. "Unfortunately, there's not enough holy water in there to kill you, but there is more than enough to render you powerless. Mortal for a while, if you will."

"... Holy water?" Kyle asked, still confused.

"Yep! Enough to zap away everything but your fire powers! And even then, only enough to use it once!" Hailey exclaimed smugly.

"HAILEY!"

"Oops..."

"Really now?" Lucy asked, much to Kyle's confusion. She had really hoped to avoid this, but if it would help Kyle get away from these two...

Within seconds, a massive pillar of fire erupted from where Lucy stood, engulfing her, Kyle, and Hailey, causing Grant to shield his eyes from the light. After a few seconds, he lowered his arm and blinked, seeing a naked Lucy dragging a naked Kyle away down an alley...

And a stunned, naked Hailey standing in front of him.

"You just had to remind her of that, didn't you?" Grant spat.

"Mommy, I feel hot. Can I stay home from school today?" Hailey asked in a daze before falling onto her back.

Grant merely groaned as he slapped his forehead.


"I think we should be safe at the moment..." Lucy panted as she and Kyle hid behind a dumpster in an alleyway. Looking down, she yelped and blushed at the sight of her naked body before turning to Kyle... Averting her eyes as she saw his naked body and four and a half inches of glory. "Note to self: Make clothing out of same fireproof material as handbag."

"Lucy! That was... I mean... How did.. What is... Who are...?!" Kyle stammered hysterically, at a lost for words at what just happened. After a few seconds of this, he finally shot his hands over his manhood as he frantically asked, "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?! I want the truth!"

Lucy looked at Kyle sadly for a few seconds before biting her lip, letting out a whimper.

"Lucy!"

"I can't! You'll freak out if I tell you!"

"I'll freak out if you - ?!" Kyle began in disbelief before shaking his head. "We were just engulfed in a pillar of fire after a couple of lunatic hitmen shot you in the face with a squirt gun, and the only collateral damage we took was that we're now butt ass naked. I'm freaking out right now! What is going on?!"

"... Okay." Lucy said with a sigh, "But I want you to know that everything I tell you is the truth, despite it being hard to believe."

"We just escaped a pillar of fire with only our clothes burned off." Kyle commented, "I'm willing to believe anything."

"And you promise that you won't freak out anymore than you are right now?"

"Can't imagine how I can!"

"Okay. Well, firstly," Lucy began, "those two weren't hitmen. They're demon hunters. More specifically, they're members of a demon hunting organization that has never found me until now."

"... Okay then, humor me." Kyle said, "Why would two demon hunters be after you?"

"Because I'd be considered the ultimate prize for any demon hunter." Lucy replied with a sheepish chuckle. At Kyle's confused expression, she sighed. "The truth is that my name isn't Lucy Morey. It's Lucy Morningstar, and I'm..." She gulped and squeezed her eyes shut, "I'm The Devil!"

Does Kyle freak out?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)