More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Frank89 Frank89

What's the destination?

Deng, seedy city moon

She could see the gas giant of D7 getting bigger through the window. Their destination. Or more like the tiny moon city orbitting D7, simply called Deng. More like Dung, as she had heard numerous times before. The city was originally built by some species of warlike apes that managed to destroy their entire population with some military virus about a few hundred years ago. For centuries this place was used as hideout for various gangs of pirates.

D7, and its moon, were on the boundaries of the Galactic Federation, which meant the law stretched thin there. Extremely so. All the scum of the galaxy who felt themselves above the law or thought themselves invincible turned up there at one point. Some stayed, some left in bodybags. That was one of its downsides. Nothing protected the scum there either. Of course, the galaxy was never short on criminals, thus the moon soon grew into a buzzing metropolis. Of crime and villainy. Well, not everyone there was a criminal, but anyone there would definitely have something to hide. Even little Shannon, soon.

She could feel her hands sweating on her knees. She didn't know why she was so nervous. She was trained to handle danger. But then again, there was danger, and there was Deng. She had never been so close to the boundaries before. She had heard tales of people never returning from there, but those were all exaggerations. It couldn't have been so bad. Though she knew the story about one of their agents returning from Deng, and while his mission there was a success, she later noticed that two of his organs were surgically removed. Such a marvelous place Deng was. And there she was, officer Shannon, heading to the seedy moon with no badge, no gun, and only the neccessary wires under her thin dress.

But the target was worth all the risks. At least that was what her colleagues kept telling her.

Who's the target?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)