More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Chicklet Chicklet

Where will she go?

Dawn head's for her best friend's house

She paused at the street, looking both ways, and then back to the house and both ways again before one last glance up the walkway. Dawn sighed and pulled on to the street, driving in a sort of dazed state that probably would have gotten her pulled over if any police cars had been patrolling. She didn’t even realize where she was headed until she pulled in to the parking lot of the apartment building.

Jasmine would know what Dawn should do. Jasmine was a regular fountain of good advice, especially since she had known Dawn for so long. Dawn jerked the car to a halt and got out, slamming the door without bothering to lock it. Nothing in there was more valuable than the cost of a new window, let anyone rummage around in it that wanted to.

Dawn walked slowly up the steps to Jasmine’s apartment. She’d no doubt be given the “I told you so” lecture yet again by her friend. It seemed like every single time Dawn hooked up with a new guy, Jasmine sat her down and warned Dawn about all the things that were going to go wrong. And somehow, she was always right! He would either be a gambler, or a druggie, or an alcoholic…sometimes they were crooks, sometimes they were actually gay, but Jasmine always saw them for who they were in the first.

“He’s not gonna be good to you, sweetie,” Jasmine had said about Quentin. “Look at those beady eyes, lookin’ at you from across the room. He doesn’t want any other guy to be talkin’ to you. He thinks you’re his property, and he’s never gonna give you any freedom.”

Dawn had protested, of course. She always did. Her guy was always going to be “The Guy.” The Guy to sweep her off her feet, The Guy to take her away from her working class life, The Guy that she was going to live happily ever after with for ever and ever.

Maybe Jasmine was a little bit biased, though. She had come out while the two girls were in High School. Dawn had been shocked, but it hadn’t bothered her at all like it had bothered some of their other friends. Jas was the same old Jas, who cared if she wanted to be with girls instead of boys? Everyone was free to make his or her own decisions.

Quentin had argued with Dawn many times about Jasmine, however.

“That fucking dyke just wants to get in to bed with you,” he had shouted. “You go over to her house and she thinks that it’s cause you think she’s hot! She doesn’t like me and just wants to take you away for herself!”

Dawn had argued again and again that that was not true. Jasmine was her best friend, gay or not gay, what right did anyone have to tell Dawn that the two of them were anything less? But sometimes, out of the corner of her eye, Dawn spotted Jasmine looking at her a little bit…oddly. A little bit of a glimmer in her eyes as she looked at Dawn’s body. But whenever Dawn looked over in Jasmine’s direction, Jas always looked away quickly.

It was unimportant if Jasmine was attracted to Dawn, it didn’t hurt their friendship at all.

Head hanging low, she knocked three times on the thick door in front of her. In very little time, Jasmine answered.

How does Jasmine greet Dawn?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)