More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by nitchgut nitchgut

What's next?

Daenerys as Robert Baratheon's hostage/ward (Alternate Universe)

This branch will take place in an alternative universe where Daenerys never fled to Essos after Robert's Rebellion. Instead she was taken by Robert as a ward and hostage to marry his first born son in order to unite their houses.

These will be her misadventures in King’s Landing.


The bells rang. From the Great Sept and all the smaller churches, to the guard towers at each of the seven gates and the Red Keep itself, they rang for the entire city to hear.

Daenerys Targaryen was no longer a child, she was a woman grown, and she was to be wed. She had been born a princess and she would be a Queen. Joffrey Baratheon’s Queen.

She would marry the son of the man who had killed her brother and usurped her family's throne. The man who had spared her life, brought her to court, and promised to wed her to his heir, effectively ending the potential threat of future rebellions by those who still held loyalty to the Targaryens.

She was the last of the dragons, although that had not always been true. Her brother Viserys had also survived the rebellion, along with her niece and nephew, Rhaenys and Aegon. But the Stranger had come for them all, the pox had taken Viserys and the shivers Aegon, Rhaenys was gone as well. She had been too young to remember any of them.

But she had been spared, both by the Gods and her King so she could fulfill her purpose. She would be Queen, but she knew what the men and women at court thought of her. Mad like her father, distrustful, sinful, whoreish.

Daenerys closed her eyes as her chambers rang with the sound of bells. Countless maids and servants ran about around her, making preparations for the wedding feast.

The bells rang, and by gods did she hate the sound of them. They rang for celebration, and for mourning, the birth of Kings, the of Kings. They rang when the city was attacked, they rang for when the city wanted to surrender. They rang for every other damned reason but today they rang because she was to be wed. It was enough to drive a woman mad.

So she sat and waited, and did her best to not dwell on all the things she had gone through, and not worry about what was to come.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)