More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 16 by cdbaby cdbaby

where is everyone?

Crashers

"Well, Tara is out with her friends, Jimmy is in his room playing some game and your father is getting ready to officiate a wedding." "Oh a wedding how fun!" Sarah exclaimed still hugging Elmo. Jill smiled, over the past few months she had come to realize what a sucker Sarah was for weddings and romance. "But I bet your girls are hungry. Let me fix you something and you can tell me all about your college adventures!"

After filling Sarah's mom in on their classes and professors and new friends Sarah had made, the girls were left looking for entertainment. Sarah's brother came out only momentarily to get a drink and stare at Jill, an evil eye from Sarah sent him back on his way. Jill let out a heavy sigh sitting on the small couch next to Sarah. "I'm sorry there's not much to do around here." "No it's fine." Jill wondered if staying in the dorm would have been the more entertaining choice. "Well there is one thing we can do but it's naughty." Jill raised an eyebrow intrigued at what her straight laced roomie could have on her mind.

Sarah's father's church was a gothic style church with tall steeples, a beautiful grand hall which was the site of many a wedding party and three large wooden doors for the entrance each of which groaned whenever anyone opened as if God meant to embarrass anyone who was late. But Sarah having grown up around the church for years knew all the ins and outs, like which doors creaked and which didn't and where one could slip in without being noticed.

Sarah and Jill had successfully infiltrated the wedding near the end which Jill was thankful for since she was sure she would fall asleep if she had to sit through the entire wedding ceremony. The girls sat in the back pew while Sarah's father continued. "Isn't it beautiful?" Sarah whispered. "Yeah I guess." "What you don't like weddings?" Jill shrugged. "Not really a wedding kind of gal." "Maybe if you found the right...man?" Jill sniggered. "Hey what if I objected when your dad asks if anyone objects?" Sarah shoved Jill playfully. "Don't you dare!"

When the final kiss came Sarah was fighting back tears Jill despite herself, found it beautiful too. "Now the fun part!" Jill whispered as she took Sarah by the hand following the wedding party into the grand hall. Sarah watched intently as the couple danced their first dance clinging unconsciously to Jill. "Okay ladies you know what time it is!" the dj called over the speakers. Sarah grabbed Jill's hand "Comeonwegotta!" she shouted excitedly dragging Jill into the crowd. Jill had to laugh as much as she didn't like weddings she liked that Sarah loved them, the way they made her eyes light up, made her smile, and that wistful look on her face.

Jill stood in the crowd of excited women including Sarah who was ready to pounce. "Ready girls?" the bride shouted over her shoulder. "1...2...3!" The bride hurled the bouquet high into the air. The crowd leaped towards the flowers like hungry dogs chasing a cheeseburger. The chaos quickly ended as the victor held her prize high above the crowd. Jill held the bouquet in her hand above a shocked Sarah. "I thought you didn't care about weddings?" Sarah teased. "I don't." She handed the flowers to Sarah. "But you wanted these so..." Jill declined to finish the sentence too busy trying to stop herself from blushing. It was rare for Sarah to see her blush. She smelled the beautiful flowers and hid her eyes as she looked at her beautiful friend. Sarah had talked Jill into wearing a beautiful blue dress instead of her jeans and baseball t-shirt. She looked stunning.

"Let's dance." Jill said taking Sarah's hand and leading her to the dance floor with the other couples. "D-dance?" "Yeah." She placed her hand around the small of Sarah's back to guide her around the dance floor. "Why not?" Sarah had many reasons why the least of which was her father was still around here somewhere but when she looked into Jill's eyes she couldn't refuse her anything. Sarah forgot all about the people on the dance floor and the people watching. She couldn't believe it this was literally a dream come true. Sarah rested her head on Jill's shoulder basking in the moment before the fear and self loathing returned.

The song ended several minutes later and sarah's face felt flush looking at Jill. Jill for her part couldn't take her eyes off of Sarah either. Jill leaned into Sarah and kissed her softly on the lips. It was entirely different than the kiss months ago. That was for someone else, this was for her. Sarah was in heaven. Then of course the kiss had to end and Sarah had to return to reality. The reality where she kissed a girl in a room full of strangers. 'What have I done!' Sarah ran away leaving Jill alone on the dance floor.

Sarah sat in the confessional, she realized as a child it was a great place to hide from everyone everyone except God of course. As she sat in the darkened silence chastising herself she sensed someone's presence.

knock knock who's there?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)