More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by LittleBoy LittleBoy

How did they meet?

College

Coming out of high school, I was pretty anxious to start classes. I wanted to get really good grades, because I didn't do extremely well with my class work in high school. I got really good test scores! But I always sort of shirked off in my homework. However, being so focused on doing all the acedemic work, I didn't leave myself any time for socializing or making friends, even after the first semester and halfway into the second one.

But I managed to keep my grades up, and that was with band, choir, and tennis on top of it all. I had a very busy schedule, but it kept me happy, and fulfilled. But I couldn't help but feel a little alone... it wasn't a big deal to me. But I started to notice a trend in the songs I'd write and the short stories I'd publish, a theme of loneliness.

In fact, one of my English teachers had noticed this, and they approached me after class one day. Her name was... um... Villines! Mrs. Villines. Anyway, she pulled me aside as I was trying to leave with the other students, and said, once we were alone in her office, "Hey, Adam. I haven't seen you around the other students much. Don't you want to hang out with the others? I don't know..." She seemed to grow a little embarrassed. "Look, I'm not sure how to talk to you about this. I just noticed in your last few essays there was a heavy emphasis on the topic of loneliness."

My eyes widened and I blushed softly, scratching the back of my head nervously. "I... um... you, d-don't have to read too much into that... I-I'm okay! It's a deliberate choice. I'm just trying to focus on my schoolwork."

She half-smiled and rested a hand on my shoulder. "That's not really healthy. Look, your grades have been exemplary, so I'm going to give you a little break for the rest of the semester. Just don't tell the other students." She winked, resting her hand back to her side. "I want you to focus a little more on building friendships. I don't mean to overstep my bounds, but... well, I invited one of the seniors to meet you at your dorm. I gave her special permission to enter the boys' hall, so don't freak out, alright?"

I felt a little bad. After all, I was already freaking out. My palms grew slightly sweaty and my blush spread over more of my face. "I-I... um... 'Her?" I managed to stutter out.

"Oh! Yeah, right," she seemed to berate herself. "I forgot the name. She's Kat Gold. Now, go along and meet her." She gently ushered me out of her office. I began to walk down the hall, gripping tightly to my knapsack. I then hear behind me, "And please don't hate me! She's a nice, responsible young woman!"

I suppose I'll find out in a few minutes.

How does the meeting go?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)