More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by bob10 bob10

What's next?

Clearly not the best landing ever made

The last escape pod who managed to escape the destruction of the E.L.N. Odyssey had a very hazardous trip. Separated from the others, trapped into a deadly spin caused by the uncontrolled atmospheric entry, it was saved by its powerful set of air brakes and parachutes. But it didn’t land safely. At first, it landed on the eastern slope of a large, inactive volcano and managed to stay stuck between two big rocks. But the crew’s relief was short-lived as the slope began to slide down. The pod tumbled down with the landslide, ending up in the valley a few hundred yards lower.

For a few moments, nothing moved as the dust settled slowly. Finally, a low hiss could be heard as the hatch moved. Stumbling out of the pod, 2nd Lieutenant Alexander took a few steps out. He sighed deeply as walked further, his left hand tightening nervously on the satchel he wore. Turning back, he called his teammates.

« It looks safe outside, you can come out ! » he yelled.

Inside the pod, the five other survivors groaned, most of them were bruised after the pod’s terrifying downfall, however, it was mostly light injuries. Judy had a sprained ankle but the others just suffered from bruises and hematomas.

« God bless the guy who invented seat belts and padded seats, » James said as he left his seat and began to move toward the pod’s hatch. « Alexander, do you have the supplies ? » he asked.

« Yes, but I think there’s another bag of food in one of the storage closets, can you take it? »

Ian, Serena Judy and Finn were still seated, massaging their sore necks while recovering after the brutal landing. James was rummaging in the storages closets, looking for supplies. None of them heard the rocks creaking under the pod, the ground being weakened by the pod’s brutal landing. They didn’t realize the danger until it was too late. With a loud noise, the ground began to collapse under the pod, the small spaceship rushing into a dark abyss, the deafening crash of the falling rocks covering the screams of the crew. Alexander just had the time to jump backwards as the ground collapsed under him. Reaching a safe spot, he stared with horror at the large hole that engulfed his teammates. His calls were unanswered, leading him to believe the worst scenario about their fate.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)