More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by cariadferch-usa cariadferch-usa

Who is your blind date?

Christopher Sajenson, High School Student & IT Club Member?!

You open your door and get quite a shock. A scrawny teenage boy wearing an out dated and oversized suit with a mismatched tie stands in the hallway. He holds a single rose and audibly stammers "Wow!" as he gawks at your chest.

"Can I help you?" You ask in a less then friendly voice.

"Umm," He blushes as he nervously fixes his glasses that have slid down his nose. "Is this the Summers's apartment?"

"Yes it is."

"Oh, I'm sorry ma'am. My name is Christopher Sajenson. Is your daughter Amy home? I am here to pick her up for our date."

"Daughter?" "Date?!" You think to yourself. "Ma'am?!!"

"I think you have the wrong apartment." You try to remain calm after being called "ma'am" for the first time in your life, and while wearing your most sexy dress no less! "My name is Amy Summers, but I have no daughter. I live her by myself."

"Mrs. Teri Campbell set up a date for me with a girl named Amy Summers," The boy cringes at your fierce demeanor, "and she gave me this address."

"Teri is behind this?!" Your blood pressure doubles at the mention of your friend's name. Though a busy body and a bit ditsy, Teri is not one for practical jokes, especially of the cruel kind. "Why don't you come in and we will figure this out." You stand aside beckoning the teenager to enter. Meekly, Christopher nods and obediently walks in. Striding by the couch you curtly command "wait here" as you march off to your bedroom with your cell phone in hand.

Teri is mortified to hear your report. This Christopher is a friend of her family's, whom she tried to encourage a few weeks back because he was being picked on in school. To build up his confidence Teri mentioned that someone like her niece would love to go out with a boy like him, but she never thought Christopher would take her so literally. Unfortunately, when Teri attempted to email the information about your date to the attractive thirty-something State Parks & Forest Supervisor Chris Stenson, she instead accidentally mailed it to Christopher Sajenson. After hanging up the phone and banging your head against your bedroom wall a few times, you head back to the living room, surprised that your days of breaking teenage boys' hearts are not yet behind you. Knowing it is best to rip the bandage off quickly you walk up to your would-be date and bluntly state, "Christopher, I am sorry, but there has been a misunderstanding. Teri, Mrs. Campbell, emailed my name and address to you by accident. I was suppose to go out with another man tonight."

"Oh." A defeated and deflated look washes across his face. "I'm sorry for the mix up." The boy stands, leaving the flower on your couch. "I'll wait for my ride out in the parking lot." You barely hear him quietly mutter to himself as he shuffles away, "Happy birthday to me."

"Wait." You drop your head and then look up. "It's your birthday?"

"Yeah, my eighteenth." He turns back to you with a melancholy look of a wounded puppy dog. "There is a bet going around school that I couldn't find a date by my birthday. When I got Mrs. Campbell's email about tonight I became so excited thinking it was destiny. I guess I didn't read it too closely and was scared to respond, less I jinked it. I've just been hoping to take a few selfies from a date for my facebook page to prove those idiots wrong, but I guess sometimes things just don't work out. Sorry again for bothering you." Christopher turns once more for the door.

As his hand turns the knob you clench your fist in disbelief while surrendering to the karma of the situation. "Wait" you state again. Walking over and gently closing the door before he can leave, you ask, "You seem like a good kid, and it's your birthday, and I have nothing planned, so why not tonight, and ONLY tonight, we go out on a date?"

Puzzled and confused, he looks about, "But you said you didn't have a daughter?"

"I don't." You firmly shoot back, a bit perturbed that he still thinks you could have an high school aged child. "I was taking about us. You and I go out on a date."

"But you're . . ." Christopher stumbles for his words, "you're . . ."

"Old?" Your left eye brow raises.

"No." He shakes his head. "You're gorgeous. You look like a supermodel. Not even Brad Rockton could get a date with a girl who looks like you."

"Let me guess." You smile, touched by his innocence. "Rockton is the captain of the football team? Or is it the wrestling or maybe the swim team?"

"Wrestling, how did you know?" He sincerely asks.

"Lucky guess." Putting your hands on your hips you strike a pose. "Well, Mr. Sajenson, what are your plans for us this evening?"

Does Christopher even have a plan?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)