More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Nom Nom Nom de Plume Nom Nom Nom de Plume

Does anyone approach?

-Checkpoint Quick Start-

*Update: Testing this yielded interesting results. When using "Previous Chapter" to test, I wound up with fun combinations of variables that may break things later on. If you plan to use this, go in clean and don't look back.*

As the story grows longer, I figured I would throw in some checkpoint style chapters to jump around, to start later chapters with some of the variables and outcomes set. It should (if I did it right) let you skip to something resembling your choices if you accidentally end the game or something, and let you experiment with different branches without flipping through 40 chapters 8 times. Don't expect 100 percent of possible outcomes here, but there ought to be some general archtypes. Spoilers ahead, in case you checked this by accident and you're worried about missing the truly gripping narrative I've woven here.


Second Bounty (The Outer Rim) - The Good Guy

You accepted Ranna's offer, and let the Falleen operative go peacefully. You're a pretty standup guy, if perhaps a bit of a stick-in-the-mud.

(Reputation 70. You are not a Jedi)


Second Bounty (The Outer Rim) - The Less Good Guy

You pressed Ranna for more assurances, and decided to get sole payback on the Falleen operative for her pheramone trick. It's fine, she liked it. A little shady, but it's not like you've murdered anyone... without reason.

(Reputation 40. Tamed a Falleen Operative. You are not a Jedi)


Third Bounty (An Offer You Can't Refuse) - The Really Good Guy

You were approached by friends of Nojahl, and convinved him to get off planet. You're loved by the poor and downtrodden, but are you having as much fun as you could be?

(Reputation 80, Hero to the Downtrodden, You are not a Jedi)


Third Bounty (An Offer You Can't Refuse) - The Gray Hunter

You took the hunt for Nojahl independantly, but couldn't being him back alive. You're choices for the most part have trended positive, but you aren't afraid to look out for number one either. You are known as an efficient and skilled bounty hunter, but you aren't being sought out for specialist missions one way or the other. Should you have picked a side earlier?

(Reputation 60, Tamed a Falleen Operative, You are not a Jedi)


Third Bounty (An Offer You Can't Refuse) - The Bad Guy

You've happily worked with slaver traders to kill the hero Nojahl. You're known as ruthless and are building underworld connections, but read that first sentence again. As your cruel decisions start to add up, how do you sleep at night?

(Reputation 30, Tamed a Falleen Operative, You are not a Jedi, Took a Job From Devaronian Slavers)


Where do you want to skip to?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)