More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by daciasdesire daciasdesire

Check it out, or go hide?

Check it out.

You draw the ejector-slide back on the handgun, cocking it in preparation for what you may find. As a child you used to go out hunting with your uncle who taught you all about gun safety. You have a feeling that he would be proud of you now, if he's still alive that is. The scream sounded like it came from the western end of the complex. You try to remember what shops were down there. You know there was a large department store along with a sporting goods store, shoes store and an electronics shop.

You make your way cautiously towards where you think the scream came from. The floor is almost completely covered with rubbish that has been strewn all about by the looters. You notice rather ironically that the electronics store has been stripped almost bare of Playstation 2s, X-boxes and almost all the games. Strangely enough there is a couple of Gamecubes still there. They never were as popular as Nintendo hoped. The sporting goods store has been stripped of anything that looks expensive. The shoe store has been left relatively unscathed apart from the smashed cash register. You guess women wouldn't exactly go out with a mob of rioters, which in some way accounts for the untouched piles of shoes.

You hear the scream again and this time you are sure it's coming from the department store. You break into a run, to find the cause of the noise. You enter the ransacked store and can now clearly make out the sounds of a struggle. The sound of things crashing onto the ground is coming from the home-wares department. You run through shelves full of Manchester and turn the corner into home-wares section. You are close to the source now so you slow to a walk holding the gun out before you, ready to fire in an instant. A movement to the side causes you to wipe around. A plate falls from the top of a tall shelf and crashes onto the floor.

You creep quietly towards the spot. You are blocked from view on this side by the display shelves but as you step around to face the source of all the noises you are shocked with what you see. A girl is pinned to the ground by a huge hulk of a man being brutally . Lying motionless next to the pair is another girl who looks like she was the man previous victim. The girls clothes have been tore from her and the man's pants are around his ankles as he humps away. The girl's eyes go wide as she sees you. She manages to free her mouth from the mans hands and screams at you, "help me!"

The guy frantically looks your way and with a rush lets go of the girl and charges towards you. You reach instantly, squeezing the trigger. A huge bang goes off and large red hole is opened up in his chest. He staggers from the bullet for a moment then tries to take another step towards you. You again pull the trigger, hitting the man once again in the chest. He slumps to the ground this time, without moving again. The girl on the ground clamps her legs shut and crawls towards the body of the girl next to her. You rush to the side of them both. The girl who was just being is crying desolately on top of other girl. You tell her everything is all right now, trying to calm her, as you look for a pulse in the girl.
"She's alive!" you exclaim at finding a heartbeat.
The girl stops her sobbing at the news. She looks at you and chokes out the words, "thank you for saving us."

You don't know what to say. You just killed for a second time. Best just concentrate on the situation at hand and worry about those thoughts later. Both girls have been badly beaten by the man and have had all there clothes destroyed in the process. You remember seeing blankets in with the Manchester so you tell the girl, "Stay here. I'll be back in a second."
She frantically grabs your arm and it is a couple of minutes before you can convince her to let you leave.

You sprint off and return quickly with the blankets. You unfold one and wrap the conscious girl in it, covering her naked form. You then check the one and her breathing is swallow and labored. "We have to get her somewhere safe. Do you know anywhere we can take her?" you ask the other girl.
"There's a group of us hiding in a building not to far from here. My sister and I came to the shopping center looking for supplies," she says.

It could be pretty dangerous outside the mall, you think to yourself. Would it be safer to take them both back to the basement, you wonder?

Where will you go?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)