More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Zingiber Zingiber

What's next?

Character Who's Who (possible spoilers?)

When The Cat's Away

Main and Secondary Characters

The Menard family is fair in coloring, with various shades of light pink skin and blonde hair, neither especially pale or especially freckly. You can fill in the details -- eyes, hair shade -- as you like.

Hank Menard
A man in his late 40s. Good-looking and in good shape. His job used to involve more traveling, and he and his wife Veevee agreed that they could have casual encounters when they were apart. Now that they're spending more time together, they enjoy each other more than ever. Now their "on-the-side" activities are mostly as a couple, as active sexual swingers. Hank is bisexual, though his wife's enthusiastic encouragement had more than a little to do with that.

Veevee Menard, his wife
Always a woman who enjoyed indulging her high sex drive with "a bit on the side now and then" with Hank's agreement. Now that their kids are in college and she has more time of her own, she has become a bisexual adventuress with a taste for variety, and Hank is often hard-pressed to keep up with her. But she loves her husband and mostly tries not to get too far ahead of him. Cheerful, friendly, good at putting people at ease, and a sharp eye for when people are open to being seduced. She is turned on by women with "girl next door" looks. Veevee is effortlessly shameless, since sex isn't something to be ashamed of. She loves to watch and listen to other people having sex, to the point she'll go looking for it. She enjoys anal intercourse and fingering. A finger on her anus during intercourse can set off an orgasm. Especially exciting for her to watch is a man getting off on having another man's cock up his butt. A country girl. Her father's nickname for her was "Weed", for her early development and wild ways.

Gary Menard, Hank and Veevee's son
College student living at home. Tries to take good care of his younger sister Lillian. Loves his new girlfriend Bernie, but may be entangled in previous relationships of various kinds. Has little resistance to temptation. Gary doesn't surf, but some people think he should if he's going to be borrowing his friend Stuart's surf van.

Lillian Menard, Hank and Veevee's daughter
College student living at home. Recently had a painful breakup with her boyfriend. Looking for things to cheer her up. Thinking about swearing off men, though Gary doesn't believe she would. Her favorite singer is Billy Royce. One thread describes her as having good, long-time female friends, but we haven't met them yet. (If she's heartbroken, she should be seeing them unless they've moved away, and then she'd be calling them.) Her mother says: "Lillian's always getting her panties snagged on some boy's wandering hard-on, usually unhappily, like myself at her age." In one thread, her brother thinks she has plenty of sex toys (how does he know?).

The Bernstein family has dark curly hair, brown or hazel eyes, and honey-toned skin, as does Bernie's cousin Ben.

Naomi Bernice "Bernie" Bernstein, Gary's girlfriend
Curly dark hair, curvy figure, brown eyes, glasses.
With little dating life before she and Gary hit it off, Bernie worries sometimes about being too fat or not pretty enough. Likes Gary a lot. Apt to tease him if she's feeling good, or maybe she's trying to tease him into an unguarded statement of what he really thinks about her. According to her cousin Ben, she doesn't drink. According to Lil, Gary is keeping her "well boinked." (or, "like bunnies" says Gary's mom) Other threads suggest that she's still getting some from her cousin Ben or last year's "Mom, I think I'm a lesbian" lovers. One thread shows that she knows her way around a surfboard.

Joyce Bernstein, Bernie's mother
Author of "Free To Masturbate", a sex education text that Gary and Lillian used when they were in high school. A sensualist. Has been to massage school. Likes to be nude around the house and for sunbathing. Has a house with an outdoor swimming pool. Hosts some sort of women's circle that might find a plug-in vibrating massager useful. Her feet are sensitive enough that she can orgasm from a good foot massage. A little shorter and rounder than her daughter Bernie. Joyce's breasts are bigger than her daughter's, though Bernie's are higher and more prominent. May know Sonia Rubin as a fellow "educational model" for teaching gynecological exams. Might have had a mutual masturbation encounter with Bernie or her cousin Ben, and/or with Gary in her car after a Billy Royce concert. Of course, it's quite possible that Joyce has had a mutual masturbation episode with just about anyone else in this story. Has a drawer full of sex toys that she's happy to share with her daughter (who has her own set as well).

Ben
Bernie's cousin, a year or two older. Away at college somewhere. He and Bernie have done some repeated sexual "experimenting" together. They swear that's all it is, though there might be some other unsaid feelings. Bernie and Ben's latest experiment, following the exercises in the book "Your Family Doctor's Guide to Anal Intercourse", happened after Bernie started going with Gary. Bernie's mom Joyce knows about their experiments together, and may be on friendly enough terms with Ben to help him masturbate.

Alison
A young woman whom Bernie refers to as "perfect for a girl on the outs with guys." Gary and Bernie overhear Alison giving Lillian a screaming orgasm on the night Hank and Veevee are unexpectedly flying home. Perhaps Bernie has just introduced them, or perhaps she and Lillian are already acquainted. One thread describes her as just having put her bi-curious muffin of the month on a plane before hearing about Lil from Bernie. May be pushy in presenting her sexual desires to Lillian.

Eric
Joyce and Bernie's neighbor, a helpful young man who recently broke up with his girlfriend. Bernie says, "My mom and I were just thinking about hooking Lil and Eric up."

Lynn, Lei, and Shaun
Salesclerks in a lingerie and novelty shop called "Hot" visited by Lil and Bernie. Lynn is short, with blonde wavy shoulder-length hair and wears glasses. Lei is petite, Chinese, with waist-length black hair, and wears a red blouse, short black skirt, and spike-heeled shoes.

Monica and Tom
A young couple Veevee and Hank meet on the plane home. Near Gary and Lillian's ages. Monica has thick brunette hair, glasses and a girl-next-door look. Tom is dressed scruffily with a wispy goatee beard. Monica is bisexual, but Tom says he is not. Monica appears to be the thrill-seeker of the two, initiating sexual adventures.

Miss Blue Stockings and Miss Gold Sandals
Women whom Veevee notices masturbating in adjacent stalls in the airport lavatory after she finishes giving herself a little "O". She thinks that they are from her flight, possibly the first-class stewardess and a first-class passenger.

Jim Walker
One of Hank and Veevee's swing partners. Bisexual, like Hank, but has been at it longer. The Walkers may be on the cruise with Hank and Veevee. Has an import-export business. Reaches orgasm quickly, but gets hard again quickly, and good for several shots in a night.

Sally Walker, Jim's wife
One of Hank and Veevee's swing partners. A real estate agent. Reaches orgasm easily. Tall, slim, and blonde. The actress Sally Kellerman (the original Hot-Lips Houlihan from M*A*S*H) is a possible visual model.

Peter Walker, Jim and Sally's son
Just graduated college. Light blond hair and golden tan. His girlfriend took him to a sex party where he ran into his parents. Now they've been to a few parties together.

Sandy Wise, Peter's girlfriend.
A young woman with sun-streaked wavy blonde hair and a golden tan. Bisexual. Likes to masturbate first thing in the morning. Introduced Peter Walker to sex parties. Was a regular sex partner of Peter's mom and dad at parties before she met Peter separately, setting up a surprise. Had "a good time" with Veevee Menard at a sex party. Her older sister Peggy introduced her to the Menards' and Walkers' sex parties.

Peggy Wise, Sandy's sister.
A plump curly-haired blonde with a bikini-marked golden tan. Veevee and Hank have seen her and a boyfriend at swing parties this summer, though Peggy seemed to play more with girls, and he with boys. Hank describes Peggy from experience as enthusiastic and a "good ride".

Tosh Ito; his wife Mariko; Tosh's father Hiroshi and mother Sayuri
Tosh is a Japanese man in his twenties who used to work at Hank's company as an intern. His powerful sex drive and experimental streak got him into trouble, and his family left town. Mariko is a perfect match for him, demure and proper in public but lusty and free-thinking in private. Mariko is pregnant. Tosh's father Hiroshi worked with Jim Walker, and Hiroshi and Sayuri used to attend the Walkers' swing parties a few years ago.

Sonia Rubin, Gary's summer employer
A well-to-do housewife married to the busy Dr. Josh Rubin, who doesn't get to see her as much as they'd both like. She has Gary caddy for her on the golf course, do odd jobs, and act as her boytoy, working off sexual frustration and trying out new things she can later use with her husband. Sonia and Josh have two kids who are away at college whom Gary has never met. Tasha from the Clinique store refers to Sonia as Veevee Menard's golf friend, so it's possible Sonia has told Veevee about Gary's "special jobs" for her. One path describes her as an ex-nurse who used to work for her husband. She may know Joyce Bernstein as a fellow "educational model" for teaching gynecological exams and/or through Joyce's Sensuality Circles.

Laura, Gary's missed connection
Before Gary started dating Bernie "just for fun", he was really taken by Laura, but never had a chance to spend time with her. Now she's free, and he's having second thoughts. But he cares more for Bernie than he thought. What to do?

Billy Royce
Lil's favorite singer. A famous pop or rock star. Lil, Gary, and Bernie went to a recent local concert. May be doing a "Small Club Surprise" music party aboard Hank and Veevee's cruise ship. Has a new album just out. One storyline has Veevee inviting him to join the swinging friends and establishes that he has tattoos, long dark hair, is enthusiastically bisexual, and his cock is bigger than even Hank's.

Sharon, Gary's ex-girlfriend
Bernie describes her as "bigger up top than me, and blonde too!" But presumably things didn't work out somehow. Perhaps she drinks too much at parties.

Steve, Lil's ex-boyfriend
They've just broken up, or are just about to, at the start of the story. Everyone thinks he's wrong for her and treats her badly. In one flashback, she finds out it's true when she walks in on him with her co-worker Colleen.

Colleen Flannigan
Redhead with bright green eyes and pale freckled skin. Drives a red VW Beetle. Lil's co-worker this summer. Lil caught her having sex with Steve. She swears Steve lied to her. Gary spends some time listening to her explanation, soaking up a back rub, and pouring her drinks. One storyline follows Colleen's struggles between being a "bad girl" and being a "good girl."

Stuart, Gary's surf-dude friend.
Has a bitchin' custom van with surf art on the sides. The back of the van is padded and big enough to lie down in. Gary hangs out with Stuart and his friends sometimes, though Gary doesn't surf. Stuart likes Gary enough to lend him his van while he's traveling. Stuart likes getting his rocks off with girls and/or guys, as long as they seem fun-loving sorts like himself.

Kevin
A surfer dude, one of Stuart's friends, who partakes from time to time. A skinny six-foot redhead. Reiko's boyfriend. On Sharon: "There are some people who need to go to Party Reform School. And that chick is one."

Reiko
A surfer chick, one of Stuart's friends. Short, with short-on-the-sides black hair. Left her girlfriend Trisha to have Kevin as her boyfriend. Wants Gary to drive them to catch some waves, then borrow the mattress in back of the van. Maybe a better surfer than Kevin.

People on the beach with Kevin and Reiko:

  • Two twentysomething couples circled together around a large cooler.
  • A blonde fortyish woman with her hair in a stylish bun reading facedown with her bikini top undone.
  • Abby Talbot.

    Abby Talbot -- a sunbather wearing her red hair in a braided ponytail who meets Gary at the beach. She's there often enough to know Kevin and Reiko by sight. A flight attendant. Tells Gary she has trouble holding onto boyfriends.

    Trent
    A surfer boy, one of Stuart's friends. Bisexual.

    Kimberly
    A young woman Lil meets in the mall. Redhead. Annoyed with men (perhaps one in particular?) but not ready to give them up yet, she says.

    Kat
    A well-to-do young blonde woman who picks up Lil and Kimberly in the mall for lustful purposes.

    Tasha Narionov
    Tall, slim, blonde, with Slavic features. Clerk at the Clinique beauty supply store. In one thread of the story, she and her co-worker Bethany are acquainted with Gary because he picks up beauty supplies for Sonia Rubin. Tasha may be interested enough in Gary to try prying him away from Sonia and Bernie. By one account she drives a classic 1968 Jaguar in green.

    Tatiana
    A former Clinique clerk acquainted with Gary. Used to flirt with him when he picked up supplies for Sonia Rubin.

    Julie Leighton - a lifeguard Gary meets when he falls asleep with the Super Surf Van blocking her parking space.

    Carmalita ("Lita") - a Hispanic girl (slim, though she has "magnificent cleavage") going to the University. She asks Gary for a ride. Has a tongue pierce and a double ear pierce.

    Sabrina, Kerri, and Kaykay -- three young women about Lil's age who wheedle Gary into giving them a ride to a private beach that Stuart's van lets them into.

    Zora (Wells) Jackson -- Hank's college landlady, a widow with whom he had a secret interracial affair and possibly conceived a daughter before she married a preacher. In her mid-to-late 50s now.

    'Nana' Menard -- Hank's mother and Gary and Lil's grandmother. Her given name is Marlene.
    Nana to Gary, about Bernie: "Now how is Miss Big Britches in bed?"
    Gary: "Good."
    Nana: "Well, then, I think you ought to keep those wandering eyes of yours right on the back of her big blue jeans. Maybe you can get a nice nudie picture of her to carry around. It'll help you stay strong against temptation."

    Grandpa Menard (Frank) -- Hank's father, Gary and Lil's grandfather. Has an RV and likes to go on road trips with his wife. In one storyline they connect with swingers' hangouts and sex friends they already know. Also likes to ride his motorcycle which travels with the RV.

    Kathryn Lang -- a college student on a cruise with her boyfriend Bryan Carlson, surprised by Veevee sunbathing on the closed funnel deck, who joins in with the swinging cruise activities with the Menards and Walkers. Though young in sexual experience and a little unsure of herself, Kathryn is blooming quickly after being encouraged by her dorm's resident advisor Jasmine. Kathryn is a brunette with a slim figure and large breasts. She has night blindness. Though deeply in love with her boyfriend, Kathryn is bisexual and open to play with others. Apt to copious female ejaculation. Kathryn, Bryan, and Jasmine are crossover characters from Torg's "Dorm Life" [ http://www.chyoo.com/index.php/main.story.summary/3079 or CHYOA: http://chyoa.com/story/dorm-life/ ], and are in stories by Whizzper.
    Jasmine: "Kate and Bryan have been kidnapped by SWINGERS," she said. "And Carissa and I are going to go RESCUE them."

Jordan -- Veevee's former boss and workplace sex partner from when she worked as an executive assistant. A black man with an average sized penis. Veevee visits him every week for a nooner sex date with Hank's full knowledge and support. Jordan and Veevee have even taken a few pictures to share with Hank. Veevee coached Jordan's wife Rashida to offer anal intercourse to her husband, and now they enjoy it every Sunday after church and before family dinner.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)