More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Manbear Manbear

What's next?

Character Profile (Dr. Baxter)

(Some spoilers, but not many as the story is still unfolding)

Note to all writers - feel free to add to this story line. There are infinitely many reactions Dr. Baxter may have when confronted by Rajah-4, I can only follow a few of these paths.

Dr. Jordan Baxter:
Jordan Baxter was born 26 years ago in a small village in North Umbria England. His father (also a Doctor) died unexpectedly when he was just eight years old sending the family into a difficult financial state. His mother compounded the problem by insisting on living at a level that was slightly beyond the yearly income that was provided by Dr. Baxter's estate. Much of the money that had been earmarked for Jordan's education was 'reallocated' to fund his mother's attempts to remain relevant in London society.

Luckily, young Baxter was both intelligent and driven, he did well enough in the state funded school to earn a scholarship to North Umbria University where he supplemented his undergraduate degree by working as a tutor and attendant in the dormitories. In spite of truly outstanding scholastic achievement, the only medical school that accepted Baxter was on the far side of the Empire in Tei Pai. He left his mother (against her vehement protests) and worked his way through King's College (Tai Pei) Medical College. It was at the suggestion of his mentor Sir Williard that he threw his fortune to the wind and invested all of the award money in a one-way ticket to Rajah-4.

Dr. Baxter is a highly ethical man with a conservative background and a painful naivety when it comes to women and sex. His father's left him without a male role model and much of his understanding of how a gentlemen should behave is an idealistic fantasy instilled in him by his mother. Even his experiences with women in college and medical school have done little to change the underlying beliefs, so he is in for quite a shock when he starts to learn what Rajah-4 is like.

Sir Williard Johnson MD, K.R.T (Knight of Royal Trinity), Earl of Keelung - China Province:

Sir Williard is the provost of King's College Medical school (Tai Pei). He is the father figure Dr. Baxter never had, taking young Jordan Baxter under his wing, impressed with both his ability and character. He understood better than his protege that positions in the medical community in the British Empire were based largely on social connections and with the of Baxter's father and the fact that his mother is now deeply indebted to many of her former friends and family in London that for Dr. Baxter to advance himself that he would be far better served on a distant planet. He also feels that exposure to the freedom of a new life far away from his mother would do Baxter a world of good.

Dr. Miller:

Former roommate of Sir Williard, now chief Physician of the New Thames Colony of the East Orion Trading company. Dr. Miller has had a long career in the East Orion Trading company arriving with the first wave of British Colonials. He chose to stay in New Thames rather than move to New Delhi when the city was finished and as a result he runs the only clinic in the city. Sooner even than most of the Colonists themselves he became aware of 'The Blush' and has found several different ways to capitalize on the phenomenon. He has become very wealthy serving the needs of the powerful families who settled along the Thames and Virdun river valleys. These services include 'aversion therapy' to retrain the daughters who are overcome by the curse. In truth, Dr. Miller has little faith in the treatment program, but it pleases his clients and provides him with an outlet for his more perverse masochistic desires. The 'Medical Mistreatment' gambit to explain the lack of maidenheads in these same young women, and finally fertility treatments (including personal insemination services) for wives of the Company executives. Now at seventy he is looking for someone to relieve him of the more stressful parts of his practice so he will be free to enjoy the parts of his work that he still finds stimulating.

Saminya Malidhahni:

Saminya is a nurse in Dr. Miller's clinic. She is the latest of a long list of young and pretty girls that Dr. Miller uses to test and service British Colonial gentlemen who come to his clinic for fertility treatments. She is only 22 years old and very well liked by these company executives so Dr. Miller expects to keep her in this role for several more years. In addition to being a skilled seductress, Saminya is also a valuable nurse who is skilled in treating many to the rashes, burns and lacerations that are commonplace for the workers who have to enter the untamed areas of native forests known simply as 'the brush.' Saminya is the third eldest daughter in the family of Hindu servants, she is proud of her families royal heritage and looks forward to the time (roughly 15 years from now) when she will have completed her twenty year work requirement and become a full British Citizen.

Andrews:
Manservant to Dr. Baxter

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)