More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Caelum83 Caelum83

Do they find the temple?

Chapter 3: Miami

There was no doubt summer had arrived in Miami, even Sierra Concha could agree to that as she rode her bicycle towards the office of the Miami Insight, one of the leading local newspapers. People might think having a tanned skin helps with the sun’s heat, but her Latin heritage still made this temperature nigh unbearable. Her grey shirt was soaked, her kaki shorts stuck to her legs and her saddle and her skin had a shiny layer of sweat on it. “And the day had just begun.” she sighed. She looked at the people around her. Those that didn’t have to go anywhere in a hurry or at all just hanged or sat around. People in newer cars enjoyed their airco while people in older cars made full use of their car’s “awco”, otherwise known as “all windows can open”. Lazily letting her eyes skim over the passersby, Sierra thought as she passed an alley “Some are taking this cooling down thing a bit too seriously…”. Then it registered she saw some woman completely naked streaking the alleys of Miami and looked back into the alley. “Did my eyes deceive me or was there really a naked woman in that alley?” she thought as she looked over her shoulder. But at that exact moment, she heard a loud yell in front of her. “Hey! Watch where you are going, woman!” a man yelled who was just walking over the pedestrian crossing in front of her. Sierra yelled back apologetically “Whoops! Sorry!” and continued her way with her heart in her throat, the thought of the naked lady already left her mind. She arrived at work and got welcomed by her chief Jenny DeRaaf, a Blond 35 year old woman in a tight skirt that reached to her knees and a blouse of which the buttons only barely held everything inside. Nobody dared trying to say anything about it though, as they feared her stern talks and didn’t want to be at the receiving end of them. The moment Jenny saw Sierra, she said “Ah, ms Concha, perfect timing. I got this serial missing person case that could do with a reporter. I will see your article on my desk soon. Good luck!”. “Yes....mrs DeRaaf.” Sierra said softly, still figuring out what all just occured right there, when she heard another voice from behind her. “Goodmorning, ms Concha. How are you today, ms Concha? Warm weather today, isn’t it, ms Concha?” Robbie Bernards said sarcastically, making Sierra giggle softly. “Be careful, Rob, otherwise she’ll be on you for the rest of the day, Sierra threatened him with a smile on her face. Robbie leaned back towards the desk behind him and crossed his arms. “Pffff, and then what? She doesn’t scare me at all, unlike all those other pussies around this office.” Robbie said. “Who are you calling pussy, Robbie?” a voice close to Robbie’s ear whispered to him, making him almost fall from the desk he was leaning against. “Simone! Stop sneaking up on me like that.” he yelled to the beautiful woman leaning next to where Robbie sat on the desk, a wide smile and naughty eyes on a face canvased by wavy black hair. “But I like that reaction of you so much.” Simone said faking a pout, which made Sierra grin. Robbie responded a little irritated “Don’t you have something important to do? Like going on a newshunt with your bestie Leslie or something?”. “Alas, today we are working separate cases, Rob. She’s with Sierra today.” said a Chinese woman stepping towards Simone. She had a short bobbed hair and wore a bordeaux red blouse, black leather pants and black high heels. Robbie turned to Sierra and said “Great! Well, off you go, Concha. Don’t want to keep DeRaaf waiting much longer than needed, do we?”. Sierra playfully jested to Robbie “Yeah, yeah, we will be out of your hair, grumpy. Shall we, Simone?”. Simone nodded to her and then felt Leslie’s hand on the small of her back. She looked at Leslie, who softly said “Call me later?”. As she did, Robbie leaned towards Sierra and whispered to her “You know, there are rumors that they are doing “it” together.”. Sierra stomped him in the chest playfully, smiled and gave him a look that said “O shush, leave them be.”. Then Simone walked past and tapped her on the shoulder. “Yeah, let’s move.” Sierra agreed and followed Simone to her car. Robbie and Leslie watched them until they left the building and Robbie said “They look like a cute couple together, don’t they?”. Leslie looked at him annoyed, gave him a rough push and walked away. Robbie looked at her leaving the room and yelled after her “Whaaaaaat?”.

What will Simone and Sierra find?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)