More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by hypocriticalme hypocriticalme

ACCESSING CASE FILES...

CASE FILE: The Meteorite

Tiffany Foster pulled her black sedan to a stop behind the police cruiser on the side of the road. The Agency had been tracking the meteor ever since it had touched earth's atmosphere, the falling star's strange energy signature having set off alarms in one of their satellites orbiting the globe. Grabbing her black briefcase from the passenger seat, she pulled on her sunglasses as she approached the smiling old officer.

"Evening ma'am!" He called out cordially. "We got the area roped off, just like your people asked. Funny, I don't think the meteor had even hit the ground before you people called and..."

"Thank you officer, I can take it from here." She cut him off as she walked up to the guard rail.

"Oh, erm, of course." The old man muttered, clearly annoyed to be talked down to by this young woman. "Won't you be needing any of to follow you in and-"

"I appreciate your concern, really, but it's not necessary. We just wanted to make sure no one got hurt before we got a look at it. These falling satellites can be... well tricky sometimes." She lied, brushing him aside again.

"Satellite?" The old man seemed confused. "Is that what this is about? Huh, no wonder you people were all over it."

"Mmmhmm." She muttered, surveying the trees and hills before her. She shouldn't have worn flats.

Whatever this was, it was certainly not a satellite, and was definitely extra terrestrial. She had been the closest agent in the vicinity, and back up was still a few hours away. She supposed she could make do for now, with what she had.

"Are you sure you're good to go off road ma'am?" The officer questioned behind her as she stepped around the railing and began to make her way down the embankment towards the treeline.

Tiffany supposed her blazer and slacks were more suited for the office, but she hadn't had any time to change when she got the call. "I'm fine!" She called back over her shoulder. "Tell your men to stay behind the perimeter, my people will be here in a few hours to take over for you."

Without looking back, she made it to the bottom and set off into the treeline. The going was slow as she worked her way through the foliage. Brambles snagged at her clothes and roots tried to trip her, but she continued on regardless. After twenty more minutes of foraging, she stepped out into a clearing and saw her target. The lowly scattered weeds and grass sloped down from the edge of the clearing where they stopped abruptly at the site of the impact.

Tiffany approached the smoking crater, about the size of her car. Opening her brief case, she pulled out her "zap gun" as the boys in the lab called it, and the Tesla coils around the barrel began to hum with energy. She was not sure exactly was she was going to encounter, but the Agency preferred to not fire live rounds at anomalies if they could help it. She glanced down and side stepped a particularly large anthill. The impact must have spooked the ants, because the small red critters were swarming out of the small mound of dirt. Finally reaching the edge of the crater, she peered over the side to see not a rock, but a large silver metallic cube.

"Huh." She muttered. This is not what she was expecting.

It was then she noticed a small rectangular opening near where the cube touched the dirt, and there seemed to be a line of tiny dark insects marching out in a formation. Her gaze followed the line, and with a start, she realized it led right to her feet.

"Woah!" She jumped back as she realized the small creatures had pulled up in a crescent shape before her now dirty flats.

One tiny speck marched forwards, and suddenly an automated voice seemed to ring out from the dot, much louder than it should have been able to be. "GREETINGS EARTHLING. WE ARE THE INFINITE EMPIRE. THIS LAND OF GIANTS IS NOW UNDER OUR DOMAIN. SUBMIT TO THE WORTHY."

Tiffany blinked twice. These little flees were an empire? "Unfortunately, I can not do that." She leveled her zap gun at the flea, although she was not even sure the thing could hit something that small. "There will not be any submitting today."

"SO BE IT!" The voice cried out. "ATTACK!"

"Ow! Ah! Hey, stop!" Tiffany cried as suddenly hundreds of blue beams began to shoot out from the dots at her. Each impact hurt barely as much as a static shock, but the multitudes of them were rather overwhelming.

She took a few step backs and fired a few beams of stunning energy of her own into the swarm, zapping a few, but leaving thousands more in their wake. "Alright - ow! - alright fuck this." Tiffany grunted as she stormed off, deciding to hold back near the tree line until she had a better plan.


Unknown to Tiffany, a few hundred of the creatures had hopped onto her slacks during the brief skirmish, and even now they were spreading out to secure more ground. In the folds of her left nylon sock, the aliens had set up a forward command post.

"Sir!" The tiny alien flea saluted its commander. "The shock troops are spreading out. So far they have met minimal resistance. It does not appear the human is aware of us yet."

"Excellent." The commander studied the holographic projection of the female before him. "Begin establishing command points. We will soon move this base to a more central location. Whether or not she knows it yet, this woman will be the first conquest on this planet. And then, THE WORLD!"

"Yes sir!" The flea saluted, before scurrying off to resume the infiltration.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)