More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Horg Horg

What happened?

Brian happened.

As Ashley reaches out to take the necklace you hear a thud come from the back of the house. Ashley blanches momentarily.

"What was that?" you ask.

"Nothing" she replies.

You, completely oblivious to what might be happening take charge. "Come on, it might be a burglar." You say, as you pick up an umbrella by the door and march off to the back of the house.

"Wait, Daniel, stop!" Ashley shouts to your back as you enter your shared bedroom.

"I think the sound came from in here, Ashley." You say loudly.

You notice that the walk-in closet door is closed. Ashley always leaves it open. As you have this thought you take three long strides to the door and pull it open, raising the closed umbrella as you do so.

Inside the closet is a naked man who seems familiar to you but you don't know why. Nonetheless, you bring the umbrella back for a swing at the pervert when Ashley takes the umbrella from your hand. "Don't you dare touch him, Daniel!" She commands. "He has been nothing but nice to me, whereas you do nothing for me, ever!" she lies. You have always tried to surprise her with different gifts, or surprise dates, but she never seemed to care so you had started doing it less.

You are now seething with rage as you understand what is happening. To make sure everyone knows how excellent you are at deducing you say, "Oh, so you're cheating on me then."

Ashley notices the contempt in your voice and replies in kind, "Yes. I am, and he's more to me than you ever were!" she yells.

Until now, the bilk had said nothing. "Daniel, I think it's time for you to leave our house."

Your rage flames into a new level that you think not a single other person can understand. "YOUR HOUSE?!" You howl. "THIS HOUSE IS MINE!"

"Actually, Daniel, it's not. It's mine, and you can move your things out tomorrow."

You start to storm off, but you say one last thing as you leave the room. "You know what, I loved you the best that I could. What I could do, I did. What I didn't do, I tried."

Where do you go next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)