More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by 24ward 24ward

What does Bria recall?

Bria recalls high school...

Bria Jeurgen was an unmotivated and uninterested student in high school, preferring the social to its educational aspect. This was never moreso than in her last year, when she was crowned Miss Teen Minnesota. Bria took advantage of the opportunity to skip classes to attend promotional events, perform charity service and engage in other regal duties throughout the state.

Her teachers were generally supportive of their star pupil, who showed sufficient aptitude with the help of Jamal Williams, a new student who had moved to town with his family from down south somewhere and who happened to share all of Bria's classes. Jamal was a shy, introverted young man, but was also exceptionally intelligent, and with his help Bria was able to pass her classes. Ironically, however, it was Bria who was formally tutoring Jamal, and she was able to boast that she was helping some poor black boy from the ghetto adjust to suburban Minnesota, stay out of jail and even obtain a scholarship!

One class Bria almost never missed was Theater Arts, taught by Mr. Smithers. He helped her develop a confident stage presence, building on her performance history in dancing and figure skating. She learned to like acting, and love being the center of attention, and it was this class that inspired her later move to Hollywood. She got very close to Mr. Smithers, trusted his advice and followed every idea he pitched to her. He introduced Bria to an independent film maker but nothing came of it... that she wanted to admit to on a resume, in any event.

Bria also considered, then rejected, going to college after a memorable visit to a nearby campus...

But when Bria thought about high school, her memory inevitably returned to how she left it, and the unforgettable night she was voted prom queen...

Bria reminisces...

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)