More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by phanx phanx

Who gets the app?

Brandon Donovan, a normal 18 year old high schooler

Oh, wow really? This again? I thought to myself looking at the differentiation questions on the board, cursing the day I decided to take up maths as one of my main subjects. The name's Brandon by the way, some people call me Donnie though it gets kinda annoying after a while. But let me tell you it's definitely not as annoying as this maths crap I have to do every week. Don't get me wrong it's not like I'm failing or anything. I gets Cs and Bs mostly, just your average Joe but I didn't care. At least that's what I tell myself.

One thing that does make me feel better is Julia Olivera, the Spanish born, dark haired beauty who transferred to our school a couple years back sitting in the seat in front of me. We'd never really talked but that didn't stop my eyes from examining her body all over. I'm a high schooler who's never been laid, what did you expect? Her tight coral shirt clung to her body and I could see the outline of her bra, black, presenting itself to me. How I wish I could have a go at her boobs and, wow, her ass-

Bzzzt! The class bell rang loudly, snapping me out of my fantasies.

Looking down, there was nothing on my paper. School's over for the day and I was daydreaming. Why am I even here again? I ask myself as I watch Julia's ass sway out of the classroom.

This was the moment I realised I was just bored. Bored with life in general. I don't have any real talents that will get me very far. I have average looks. I'm not 'ugly', light brown hair, with matching eyes, a little bit of stubble. And, hell, maybe I should have a girl right now, I don't work out but I still look somewhat athletic, but I just have, like, zero game and now more than ever I feel like I'm coasting along, part of the crowd, there but not really there. Man, being normal sucks!

Last to leave the class, I exchange goodbyes with Mrs Richards and left the school building. On my way home I put some music on, listening through my earphones. It was just a playlist of current songs in the charts at the moment. But wait. Looking down on my phone I noticed a new-ish notification on my phone. An app I didn't recognise.

I didn't bother stopping my music, it wasn't worth the hassle. Instead I just opened my phone, swiped down and looked at the text on my screen. 'KM Normal-Congratulations! The KM Normal app has been installed to your phone. Please use the app with responsibility and care.' The fuck? What's a KM Normal?

Curiosity killed the cat, and I opened the app. In bright big letters the word KM Normal invaded my phone. A few seconds later, a brief description box popped up telling me about a 'life I always wanted'. I don't remember downloading this. Is this a virus? I thought and started to panic. It did seem oddly similar to those emails painting a pretty picture of how you'd just won the new iPhone. Alright, Donovan let's not panic, I told myself, probably just a little prank. Just now I noticed how the screen changed a little. There were three little boxes, kinda looked like rip-off emojis of a face, a ghost and two women. The hell is this? Maybe I shouldn't press anything til I get home.

Use it now or go home?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)