More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by bob10 bob10

What's next?

Batman against Two-Faces henchmen, Loïs gets a gift

“Come on, hurry up Jeb, the boss won’t appreciate if we are late.”

“I know, I know, doing as fast as I can. I still remember what Two-Faces did to Michael last time,” Jeb said, a small shiver running on his back as he hauled another crate of weapons onto the truck’s back.

“You know what’ll make it go faster Hank? That you grab one of these crates and help us,” a third man said, his gait unsteady as he grabbed two heavy boxes of ammo.

“I can’t, you know someone needs to watch if the bat is around,” Hank answered with a smile, his finger lightly caressing the trigger of his MP5 submachine gun.

Hank was right, someone needed to watch. Unfortunately for the trio of Two- Faces henchmen, he didn’t notice someone was watching them from above.

Perched on the top of one of Gotham’s buildings, Batman was staring down below at another attempt by Two-Faces to improve his gang’s firepower. Once again Oracle’s information has been correct.

The duo didn’t stand a chance, a loud noise signaled the fate of their comrade when Batman landed on him, sending him face-first against the pavement. They barely had the time to drop their boxes and grab their guns before a well-placed Batarang disarmed them. The last thing Jeb remembered for the night was Batman plunging on his partner, knocking him off, before he too suffered the same fate.

Grabbing a pair of handcuffs from his belt, the masked vigilante shacked both of his latest victims. Was it the fatigue or just a simple mistake? The fact remained that Hank wasn’t entirely knocked out, and his MP5 was still near him. Batman just had the time to turn toward Hank when the mob emptied his clip on him.

Ooohh, Clark, It’s beautiful, a gift for me? Thank you, didn’t know a farm boy could have such good taste in jewelry,” Loïs said, a purple crystal in her hand.

“Errhh, Loïs it’s not…” Clark Kent muttered. He cursed his negligence, having to go back to the Daily Planet right after his encounter with Mister Mxyzptlk, he didn’t hide the other necklace he gave him.

“What, it’s not for me?” Loïs pouted. “Don’t tell me you’re still trying to have this Lana Lang’s attention?”

“N-no, you can keep it Loïs, happy …uhm, anniversary or something,” the journalist answered. He clearly didn’t want to have an angry or jealous Loïs around. Besides, these crystals were only reacting to someone’s superpowers and Loïs didn’t have any. And it didn’t seem to have any big effect on him, after all, he was already incredibly powerful and the work Perry White gave him wasn’t a big challenge for him, albeit a long term undertaking.

“Thanks Smallville, reminds me to invite you for lunch after that. Now excuse me but duty is calling, this investigation won’t be resolved by itself.

“Be careful Loïs,” Clark said, but the reporter was already out of the office, feeling incredibly full of energy.

Is Batman still alive? Will Loïs be affected by the crystal? Will Clark finally find love? Stay tuned for our next episode!

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)