More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by AddickTara AddickTara

Which character do you start with?

Barker household

'Spencer stop messing around and get ready for school' Why will that boy not do as he's told Brenda thinks to herself as she watches Spencer ignore her and carry on playing on his playstation.

Tarquin meanwhile is still in bed. Have I raised a bunch of lazy so and so's Brenda wonders. She shakes her head in despair. Today was meant to be a lazy day. Arnold is still in London and won't be back until tomorrow for the weekend. Spencer should be heading off for school, who knows what Tarquin will be doing. Probably hanging about with his loser friends. And Brenda was meant to be heading for the spa with her best friends Sue, Elizabeth and Rachel.

Finally Spencer stops playing and finishes getting dressed and starts collecting his things for school.

At that point Brenda's phone rings. She looks at it, it's Arnold.

'Hey love how are you?'

'I'm good thanks Brenda, how are the kids?'

'A pain as always' Brenda's tone looks for some kind of reassurance from her husband. There is none coming.

'Look honey I have a package coming later today can you sign for it? Whatever you do though don't open it its got confidential information inside. Thanks got to go.'

And with that Arnold hangs up. Why would he think I'd open his stupid package Brenda ponders. Before she has time to answer her own question the doorbell rings. What is it now she exclaims. She heads to the door and opens it.

'Hello love' The grey haired woman on the other side of the door cheerfully says before planting a kiss on each of Brenda's cheek and all but barging her way inside the house.

'Mum, what are you doing here?'

'I thought i'd come and see my daughter and grandchildren. Don't mind do you?' Clearly a question that does not require an answer. Anne Smith Brenda's mother has never been shy and here she is standing in the hallway of Brenda's house, unannounced and uninvited. A pale yellow skirt, green blouse and yellow cardigan. Anne looks around for a moment until Spencer suddenly comes bounding down the stairs.

'Hi Gran, I'm off to school, bye'

Before anyone has time to answer he runs out of the door.

Upstairs there is a sound of a phone ringing. One of Tarquin's friends calling him no doubt.

'Love to stay and chat mum but I've got to go to the spa and meet the girls'

Brenda grabs her bag and heads out of the door leaving Anne alone in the hallway.

Which Barker family member are you, Anne, Arnold, Brenda, Spencer or Tarquin?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)