More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by LittleLilliana LittleLilliana

What is the phone call about?

Babysitting

A somewhat older voice spoke back to her, surprising her a bit, "Hi Lily, this is Mrs. Richardson. I was wondering if you were free this week to watch our daughter Katie?" Lily listened closely as the women spoke, when an irritated and whiny voice shouted in the background, "I don't need a sitter I'm 19 years old!” Lily was immediately stunned when she heard Katie's age. "That's enough, Katie, eat your breakfast and shush up so mommy can talk to the babysitter." The mother and daughter seemed to go back and forth for quite awhile. She wasn't sure how to respond, or if she should, for that matter. She just continued to eat her cereal, waiting for the woman to speak to her again. Finally, Mrs. Richardson hit her with the question, "So, can I expect to see you here this week?" Lily shrugged to herself, she had younger siblings she'd taken care of, and she babysat for years when she was younger, "Sure, I can do that. I don't think I have anything scheduled, anyways. What should I bring? What sort of things does she like?" Lily rambled on, listing off activities such as coloring, toys, a trip to the park, and a few other things, ignoring the claims and pleas of the trouble teen in the background. It's not like she actually planned on making the young woman do these things, but appearances were everything, and this time was no exception.

The older voice spoke again, "Thank you so much. She mostly watches T.V. and plays on her tablet, however I'm sure she wouldn't mind a trip to the park or maybe even some board games. It would probably be good for her to get off the electronics." She went on a bit of a tangent about teenagers and electronics these days before giving Lily the address and the time she needed to be there. "One last thing before I let you go. Katie has a bit of a bedwetting problem and still wears... protective undergarments to bed, she will most likely put up a fight about wearing them." This also shocked Lily. Bedwetting was common in young kids, sure, but there weren't a lot of adults who had that issue, at least to her knowledge, anyways.

"Alright, that's not a problem. I've dealt with plenty of kids who are still in diapers." She emphasized the word diaper, knowing full well they were more pull ups than a diaper, "I'm sure we'll be fine. She sounds delightful. I'll see you soon! Thank you for calling me and giving me this opportunity, cash is a little tight." Of course, that was a lie, she was fine on cash, but more money in her savings couldn't hurt, and she wanted to be humble.

"Thank you, again, we'll see you shortly." was the last thing Mrs. Richardson said before hanging up the phone. Lily decided a shower would be best, which she did and quickly dried herself off, putting on a pair of comfortable, yet stylish bra and panty set - satin pink. She then put on her jeans, a cashmere sweater, and tied her hair back in a ponytail. Lastly, she threw on a bit of eyeliner and mascara, grabbing her phone and purse from her room.

She made her way back downstairs and told apartment goodbye for the day, before making her way to her car. "Time to get these errands done and head on over."

Does Mrs. Richardson like Lily?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)