More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Fennmont Fennmont

Continue?

Awake in the Bedroom, a Maid By My Side

Monday, March 16th, 2015.

When I awoke, I found myself sleeping in my bedroom. I recalled yesterday's event, assuming it had something to do with my new powers. Whatever they were. Regardless, I still felt awful. Whether I had succumbed to changes in my body or something else entirely was still up in the air.

I remained in bed for the next hour, wondering about what my next move. Either I accept Beatrix's offer, or I don't. Her inexperience and unwillingness to give me details about her task is what really concerned me. For all I know this could all be a trick, but her words seemed genuine enough. Not to mention she didn't seem like the lying type... Rather, she was incapable.

While lost in thought, the door opened and Jennifer stepped in with a plate in her hands with a bowl of soup on top.

"Good afternoon, sir." She placed the plate on the nightstand beside the bed. "Are you feeling better?" She sat on the bedside, placing the palm of her hand across my forehead.

"Better. Thank you for helping me, Jennifer." I patted her thigh.

She smiled. "Well, if you need me, sir, I'll be in the other room." Jennifer stood back up and headed for the door.

"Jennifer," I called her back. "Were you here all night?"

Jennifer turned back around to face me. "Yes. My mother sent me streams of texts asking where I was." She let out an embarrassed laugh. "Don't you think I'm old enough for her to stop worrying so much?" This was rare for Jennifer. Normally, she would never speak about her life outside of her duties here. Whatever her reason for doing it now evaded me, regardless, it would be rude not to respond.

"She cares, that's what's is important." I reassured her.

She smiled and our conversation ended. About this time I felt the other side of the bed decompress.

"You haven't broke her in yet?" Beatrix had somehow weaseled her way into my room without either Jennifer or me noticing.

Damn magic. I thought.

"Aren't you a little early?" I questioned her.

"Actually, you're two days late for our little date." She straddled herself across my lap and brought her face mere inches from mine. I envisioned another sloppy kiss, but it never came. Nor did I really want another tonguing from someone completely ignorant of the art of a French kiss even though they're French.

"Two days? You're saying I slept for two days straight?"

"Most are usually are out for a week. I guess that means I chose the right human for the job." She smirked, and like a dog, her tail swished from side to side excitedly. I half expected her to bark and roll over.

"In any case, I need more time to think over your proposal."

Beatrix clicked her tongue, and then again for good measure. "No, that was not our agreement. I gave you more than enough time." In other words, don't expect devils to keep their word, or in this case, expect them in the most literal sense.

I'm now faced with a choice. Accept her terms ignorant of what she wants me to accomplish, or refuse. Either way, something bad will surely happen.

Agree or refuse?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)