More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by 24ward 24ward

Where does Megan arrive?

At her new residence

Megan pulled up in front of the boarding house that would be her new home. It was located within walking distance of her new school, and in her mind it would be a grand old house. In reality it had seen better days, its rambling structure the victim of several haphazard renovations. Between the house and the school was a large municipal park, but in the twilight its vegetative gloom was more threatening than inviting.

Megan parked her used hatchback around the corner, sparing a moment to wonder if her vehicle would be safe before making her way to the front door. Onessa answered the door and welcomed the redhead in with a booming voice and a laugh that always sounded mocking. Onessa was a heavy middle-aged woman who moved as if she had bad knees, a stiff back, or both.

Beyond Onessa's voice and the clicking of a clock, the house seemed quiet. It was dimly lit and decorated like the home of an undiscerning grandmother, remnants of elegance lost in mid-century patterns and lace. Megan's room was upstairs; it was dark but had lots of windows and furniture inside, and direct access to what Megan was disappointed to learn was a shared bathroom.

"Ain't nobody yet," Onessa explained dismissively when Megan wondered with who else she was sharing the facilities. "Probably end up bein' another white girl." As she walked out of the room, Onessa shook her head dramatically and confessed her brother was going to hire other white girls now, "cause ain't dat whut dem niggas after." Megan knew the brother was Tyrone Mwezi, the principal of her new school, who had recommended to her this residence operated by his spinster sister.

What does Megan say or do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)