More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Twisted_Fellow Twisted_Fellow

Follow his or her path?

Angelo Gallo

Angelo Gallo was just starting to stir from a restful night sleep. He couldn't remember the last time he slept so well. His eyes opened to find something odd. A small red exclamation mark with the number one beside it flashing in the lower right corner of his field of vision. What the? He thought to himself. When he thought of how to open it, it popped up into a new window as a new quest.

Getting started right!

- Take a shower

- Eat breakfast

- Get dressed

+ 10 xp

Optional: Stretch or Exercise before taking a shower

+50 xp and + 1 Strength and Endurance

"I must be dreaming." He said without thinking. He accepted anyways. This isn't real, so why not? He liked to complete his tasks. He got out of bed in just his boxers. He had turned 18 years old a few days ago and was already out on his own. At least physically, his family lived a few blocks away. His eyes noticed something to the upper left corner of his vision. No way.. He thought to himself. A health and mana bar. It felt a little small to him, but just as he thought that it changed to a better size for him. He could finally read it:

Hp: 65/65

Mp: 110/110

He wondered what that was based on as another exclamation mark began to flash before opening.

Character sheet and inventory operate by thought as well as physical interactions.

Would you like to open your character sheet/inventory now?

Hm, sure. Another window took up most of his vision, making him fall back and hard onto his ass.

-2 hp.

"Ouch.." He mumbled, looking to his character sheet and inventory.

Name: Angelo Gallo

Title: The Gamer

Lvl: 2 XP 100/400

Hp: 63/65

Mp: 110/110

Money: $600

Inventory slots 0/20

Skills:

(Passive) Gamer's Body: Your body is like a video game character, damage reduces your health rather than actually wounding you. (Disabled in the real world)

(Passive) Gamer's Mind: Mind altering affects will be nullified up to lvl x 3.

(Passive) Gamer's Life: Everything can become a skill and upgraded through practice and/or proper stat modifiers.

He could see a model of himself as well as his stats, current items/equipment. Well, he was only wearing his boxers so he didn't see much. It even had his light brown hair, messy just as it currently was in real time. He fixed it so it was split down the middle and hung just over his ears. He wasn't a bad looking young man. He stood about 5' 11" lean build, his skin was a healthy light tan. His eyes were a brown/green hazel, and he currently had no facial hair. His dick was roughly 6 inches long and 4 around, nothing to brag about, but nothing to be ashamed of either. It would seem he had the standard layout: rings, gloves, weapon and off-hand, torso, legs, feet, neck, face, and head. He was starting to think this dream was a bit too detailed. He decided to check out those stats.

Str: 10 + (0) End: 15 + (0)

Int: 20 + (0) Wis: 10 + (0)

Agi: 15 + (0) Cha: 10 + (0)

Lib: 5 + (0)

New skill gained: Observe lvl 1

Cost: 1 Mp per use.

Observe: look carefully at someone or thing to learn more details about it.

When that came up, he noticed a click for more info icon appear near each item of his Character sheet. He started with Hp and Mp.

Hp are health points, Strength x 5 + Endurance. Well, this was useful information.

Mp are Mana points, Intellect x 5 + Wisdom. Neat, he thought.

He noticed his Mp, didn't go down. Maybe it only applied to things that weren't himself?

He looked around his room and noticed his running shoes and used the skill,

Observe: The Gamer's running shoes. + 2 Armor, + 1% movement speed increase.

Yep, his mana went down by one.

Mp: 109/110

Crap, he thought as he heard his alarm go off. He stood up and turned it off. He would be pressed for time, he did some light yoga stretches, taking a few minutes to do so. He quickly moved to shower. He decided to cut some corners today. He rinsed and got the important areas before getting dressed. He noticed a check mark near the optional section of his quest objective which had moved to the upper right of his field of vision in a smaller and simplified form. Just eating breakfast was left, but he had yet to receive his bonus objective rewards. He was just slipping on a red t-shirt and blue jeans when he thought. I guess it will give it to me when the whole quest is complete? At that moment a small pop-up formed in the middle of his vision.

Achievement unlocked!

State the obvious!

Reward

Mr. Obvious rank 1

+ 1 Wisdom.

Wis: 10 + (1)

Mp: 110/111

Nice, achievements and sass. This will be interesting. He thought to himself before heading to his kitchen. He lived in a small apartment, which was good enough for him. He went to his refrigerator first to get out some eggs, bacon, and orange juice. He set the ingredients to the side and started the stove. Nothing too interesting until he actually started to cook.

New skill earned: Cooking lvl 1 - Channeled

(Passive) Cooking: Allows for easier and better cooking at each lvl.

"That sounds nice." He said without thinking. What really surprised him was when he used his observe skill again.

Observe: Eggs and bacon made by The Gamer. 1% Hp and Mp regen per minute after eating. Duration: 3.5 hours.

Once he finished his quest auto turned in with this message.

Quest completed: Getting started right!

Rewards: +10 xp, Optional bonus: + 50 xp and + 1 Strength and Endurance.

Lvl 2 XP 160/400

Str: 11 + (0) End: 16 + (0)

Hp: 71/71

Ranks added modifiers whereas direct ups were applied directly to his stats. Hmm, more useful information. He thought. It seemed that meal brought his Hp and Mp to full. Now it was time to head out. He had college classes, Monday thru Wednesday and worked Thursday and Friday. His weekends were free. So, it being Saturday and all. He could try to have a fun day. Where to go first? He could go home and see his older sister, Jana Gallo and mother, Evelina Gallo. Or perhaps go for a stroll to think about all this new information.


Where to go from here?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)