More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by VirtualRP VirtualRP

What's next?

Amongst the Humani

It was around noon in January, the day now edging towards the horizon as snow continued to fall from the sky. Icarus had his hands close to his face, blowing into them as he started rubbing them together. It had been a week now since the start of the college semester all break. Having been to find a temporary place to stay until then, he'd been bunking at a friend's place since then; only a couple of hours ago Icarus had phoned his friend and told him he found another place to stay. He lied.

Stopping at a crosswalk, people gathered around him as the stoplight continued to glow green. Icarus pulled out his phone as he glanced through advertisements as he searched through the internet to find a suitable place to live until the dormitory was finished renovating.

As soon as the stoplight flashed red, Icarus along with those gathered around him started crossing the street, a police officer helping move the traffic along. Icarus continued to skim through the ads, a couple more ideas popping in his mind. He was sure he'd needed a job to help with the groceries, but that and the rent might be too much for him. Phone another friend? He might be disturbing them. Go back to his friend's place? He might seem like a freeloader.

What does Icarus decide on?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)