More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by frankmartin1518 frankmartin1518

How is the crew composed?

All women

"We're getting closer to the target," the ship's pilot informed the rest of the fleet by intercom.

"Okay, ladies, listen to me." the group, who was sitting at a large table, paid attention to him "I know that we are tired of doing this and that you have concerns because the resources we have are running out. That is why I have decided that, if this place has nothing , we will return home. "

They all shared worried looks.

One of the five girls got up suddenly, slapping the table with her hands in the process.

"Are you telling me that we are going to let the Earth fall?"

"Natasha, I need you to relax."

"I'm not going to calm down at all. I can't believe that because some of us are a little hungry, you're deciding to waste years and years of sacrifice."

"You know it's not that simple." another of the crew intervened trying to calm the situation.

"You shut up Tiana." she pointed a finger at her "If it weren't for Doc and his girlfriend you wouldn't be here. So be a better engineer and fix all the problems or jump off the ship and let the ones of us who really strive do their thing. job."

Tension was building in the group. So much time together and so many experiences had formed strong bonds between the crew members. All except for Natasha. She was a lone wolf, she always had been. She didn't trust anyone but herself.

"No, you shut up." Valentina, better known as Doc, chimed in. "Tiana, Helen and I work hard, study and train every day to prove that we deserve to be here. Just because you don't have a real profession doesn't mean you can take it out on us."

"By not having a profession do you mean being an experienced soldier who has fought in more wars than you can imagine and has won so many medals that they cannot fit in any garment?" she mentioned smugly "Instead you three ... I don't even know why you chose them. They sure got into someone's pants."

The insulted women got up in the mood to fight. This was not going to end well.

"Enough!" The one who was leading the meeting spoke again, causing them to return to their places "Natasha, I will not tolerate that lack of respect in my ship. All of us who are on this mission earned our place as it should, here there were no favorites of any kind So, as your captain, I order you to apologize right now. "

The woman looked to one side.

"Sorry" she spoke softly.

"I know it is difficult for you, it is difficult for everyone, but we cannot continue in this way. We need resources that we do not have and, if we ignore everything and continue searching, it is most likely that we will not be able to return to Earth, no alive at least. "

"Then-"

"Nothing, I'm the captain and I make the decisions. Got it?"

There was no response from her part.

"I made myself clear?" she insisted with more pressure.

"Yes, Captain Elizabeth." she mentioned with some annoyance.

Elizabeth looked at Tiana who gestured a "thank you" with her lips.

"Sorry to interrupt this beautiful talk," the pilot appeared in the meeting room "but ... we are here."

"Great. Then everyone get ready. We leave in ten."

The four women involved in the argument withdrew and each went to her room.

"What a nice moment captain." the pilot mentioned graciously sitting in one of the chairs carelessly.

"Shut up Chirsten." she turned to see the other woman "Thanks for the help Laura. Everything almost went to hell and not a single word came out of your mouth."

"You know I'm not a woman to intervene in disputes. Besides, I'm just the co-pilot, I don't have any authority here."

"Some would say that's cowardly." Christen wanted to tease her.

The woman closed her eyes, inhaled and exhaled.

"Your insults don't reach me." she began to mutter incomprehensible words quietly.

"Please don't start with your mantras."

"Calm down you two, I can't have any more fights on my ship." they both apologized in different ways.

Elizabeth ran a hand over her face, weary. This was going to be a long day.

After the stipulated time, they all met again to obey instructions.

"Tiana, Helen, Natasha and I are going to descend and explore the place. Doc, you stay up here monitoring us and receiving all the information we send you. Christen and Laura are going to prepare everything to escape in case the situation gets dangerous. Just because they haven't attacked us throughout the landing doesn't mean they can't attack us as soon as we get off. "

Everyone got down to work.

The four girls who were going downstairs put on their suits. These were made up of various types of alloys. To the unfamiliar eye, they looked like simple spandex, but in reality they had the ability to withstand everything from the most temperatures to the most violent attacks. They were of different colors so that specializations could be easily identified. Tiana had the color purple for being an engineer, Helen, being also an engineer but technical, wore the color orange with some violet stripes, Natasha, being a soldier, wore an entirely black outfit and Elizabeth, as captain, had an entirely white outfit.

They descended to what appeared to be a plain in broad daylight and began to walk. Fortunately, both gravity and the quality of the air on the planet were the same as on Earth, which made the investigation easier. Knowing these data gave them some hope, the only problem was the massive drought that was everywhere.

After a while without finding signs of life, they came across something that left them speechless.

"What's that?" Helen said with a hand to her face.

In front of them was what appeared to be a giant structure buried in some kind of sand.

"I don't know, but it's the first thing we see in a while that isn't sand." Natasha replied.

"We investigate?" Tiana consulted.

"I'm not very convinced, but if among all this certain that structure is still standing it means that it is important. It may contain something that can help us or that there are clues about what happened in this place." Elizabeth decreed before continuing to march being followed by the other girls.

"With a" yes "was enough." said the one who asked in a low voice.

They entered the building through one of the spaces that was not yet covered. The surprise was immense in them when they realized how big that place was inside.

"Everyone stay tuned, we don't know what might be there" Elizabeth said quietly.

With weapons up and alert they scanned the place.

"From its structure it looks like a palace." Helen concluded.

"The problem is, we don't know who it was for." Natasha added, looking around suspiciously.

They continued their slow advance until they came to a huge broken gate.

"Following the logic of the palace, this door may lead to the main hall." Helen warned.

"If so then we need to be extra careful." Elizabeth said.

"YOU HEAR ME?" Doc's voice rang out loudly in everyone's ears causing several scares.

"You almost scared us to . Are you crazy?" Tiana screamed softly.

"Sorry, but the communication equipment had been reset. Now I can see and hear them and wow, what a huge place."

"Yes, we know. Now shut your mouth." Natasha ordered her.

They entered through one of the holes in the door, and what they came across on the other side, she left them speechless. It was a huge room filled with skeletons of what appeared to be giants.

"Amazing." Tiana said with her jaw wide open.

"Do not get distracted." ordered the Captain.

They advanced cautiously through the entire sea of ​​ looking in all directions. The tension could be felt.

"What do you think happened to them?"

"What happened was quick. They look like the citizens of Pompeii." Natasha commented.

"Hey." Valentina intervened "Am I the only one who is seeing that the pose of those skeletons is as if they were having sex before dying?"

"You're the only one so perverted to think of those ideas ..." Helen replied and then took a look around her "Damn now I can't stop seeing them everywhere."

Except for Natasha, they all laughed a little. That also helped to relax the atmosphere.

"You know ... if you want we can try some of those poses when you get back." Valentina flirted with Helen.

"Be quiet." Natasha ordered.

"What's up Tasha? Jealous?"

"From you? Not in a lifetime Doc. Look."

"What's that?" Elizabeth was surprised.

At the end of the corridor was the skeleton of a creature three times the size of the others, sitting on what appeared to be a throne.

"From the scans it looks like she was female." Doc concluded.

"The Queen?" Helen intervened.

"It must have been a hive community." Natasha deduced.

"If they all died it means that she was not a very good one." Tiana teased.

"Hey, look inside the skeleton." Helen spoke again pointing to a place "What is that thing?"

They all looked at the skeleton's chest box to find what looked like an entirely black rock. At least it was twice the size of them. With a shiny appearance.

"Will it be her heart?" Helen affirmed with some doubt.

"I don't know what it is, but that thing radiates a lot of energy." answered her girlfriend excitedly.

They all looked at each other with some hope.

"This may be what we need to save Earth." Natasha mentioned with a smile on her face.

"We have to get that thing to the ship." Elizabeth ordered.

From her backpack she produced a small case that appeared to contain a pressurized version of a container. She placed it on the floor and, after stepping away a bit, she pressed a button causing it to expand into her true form.

"Step one done." Tiana said satisfied "Step two is missing. Chief?"

They all looked at Elizabeth.

"Get out your gravitational devices and put them in your hands. Each one of you is going to take a tip and we are going to drag it to the tank."

They all approached the skeleton nimbly and got to work. The work was not easy and the fear that something bad would happen was high, but, after several interminable minutes, they were able to do it with the object.

As that thing was being lifted to the container Natasha could hear a voice in the corner of her head. As if someone is calling her. That distraction almost caused the huge rock to fall.

"You are crazy?!" Tiana was extremely angry.

"I ... uh ... sorry." Natasha responded by shaking her head from side to side to see if she could refocus.

"Too advocate of saving humanity, now that we have something you almost destroyed it." she kept hitting the girl with words.

Hateful glances flew at the scene.

The voice calling for Natasha didn't stop for a second. Great was the effort that she had to make so that nothing happened to the rock.

Once deposited in the container, everyone felt safer.

"I'm going to quickly check the place in case we lose something." Without letting an answer come out of Captain Natasha's mouth, she ran to where she thought her voice from hers was getting louder.

"Natasha I don't think that's a good idea." Doc tried to reason with her.

But the woman ignored her. Touching a button in her ear, she turned off the device that allowed her partner to be in contact with her and then continue with her path.

She searched every corner of the place until she found a stone like the one they had found but red and much smaller, almost the size of a fist.

She could hear what she called her. It was like the song of a siren. She wanted her to have it.

What will Natasha do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)