More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by NaughtyPixie NaughtyPixie

Who was that again?

All Women with the first name 'Alexa'

There are 10,000 women in the US alone with the first name Alexa; that’s about 1 person in every 33,000.

I didn’t know that at 7:18am on Wednesday the 11th of August 2021, but I learnt it later.

You might be wondering what’s so significant about that specific time and date too – and, honestly, I don’t really think it was a significant or memorable moment for the other 32,999 people in that statistic. But it was for me – as it was for every girl with the misfortune of sharing my name.

Maybe it was irony, or some cruel cosmic joke. Maybe a lunatic with a magic rulebook or a phone app thought they were being witty or clever… objectifying all of us that had the misfortune of already having our name stolen by the product of a trillion dollar corporation...

Suddenly, inexplicably – everyone knew that all the Alexas of the world... and I mean girls like me, the real, living breathing women… weren’t people any more...

It didn't, like, re-write history or anything – the world didn’t change in that moment. It just became a fact, irrevocable, immutable and unarguable – like an extra law of physics.

No one knew how it happened; no one knew why it happened… it just… did.

And after it had, no one that mattered cared enough to find out.

Oh, who am I? Well you know my first name already... but let me tell you my story...

Which Alexa am I?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)