More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by ShapedMind ShapedMind

Who do you want to follow?

Ak'tal

Ak'tal's pod veered towards the wilderness surrounding the United States' capital, Washington D.C. His role was to infiltrate the planet's elite and powerful, and what better place to do that than the capital of one of the most powerful countries on the planet? His pod, like the others, made barely any noise upon entry as the sun was setting and left only a small smoldering crater. However, that didn't prevent Brenda, a habitual nighttime hiker, from investigating. Due to her dark skin, she had to wear reflective and shiny clothing for safety reasons, especially at night. For this night, Brenda wore silver, glossy leggings, a neon yellow compression crop top, and orange sneakers. However, none of this helped her in what came next. Standing over the rapidly cooling crater, Brenda asked, "What the hell is that?". She reasoned that it probably was a meteorite, a rare occurrence in this area, so she went in for a closer look. She noticed a black, glistening substance oozing from the crater, not fully liquid, but definitely not solid either. As she brought out her phone to take a video, she took her eyes off the substance for only a split second to hit "Record", but unfortunately for Brenda, that's all Ak'tal needed. Right when her phone started recording, Ak'tal, still in his amorphous form, jumped at Brenda's hand and rapidly began climbing up her arm. Before Brenda could even process what was happening, Ak'tal had already reached her mouth and nose, and was beginning to absorb himself into her. After all of Ak'tal had consumed into Brenda, she collapsed onto the cold ground and spasmed as her body attempted to repel its invader, to no avail. After a few minutes of silence, Brenda sat up, her eyes a milky black, the signature sign that a Ranoxi had taken a new host. However, onlookers would only have a few seconds before the infiltrator adjusted, and nobody was the wiser. Nothing was different in this case, as Brenda's eyes swirled back to their normal brown. She felt herself up, and realizing that her black hair had been messed up in her possession, tied her hair into a neat and orderly bun. Ak'tal, now satisfied with his new body, smirked with Brenda's mouth and said, "Perfect".

Brenda now got up, and Ak'tal accessed her memories to discover that she was an assistant to a speechwriter at the White House. Ak'tal couldn't believe his luck. Already he had access to the building which regularly held some of the most powerful and influential people on the planet. Ak'tal could already see a grand plan for the future forming in his insectoid brain.

What should Brenda do next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)