More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by RicoLouis RicoLouis

What's next?

Agree To Meet The Concubine

“I should at least meet her. Even if she is a spy the wrong information in the right hands can be a useful tool. The devil you know is better then the one you don't. Ask her if she would join me for lunch and have some food sent up to my room. Though let the guild know that gifts like this will not gain them any favors with me and only serve as a distraction.”

“Yes my lord.”

“Also send them half of the ore we have currently refined.”

“Only half sir?” He looked at me.

“It will get the point across that they can't buy me so easily. I might have need of the rest but I will need to speak to Mister Anderson and his daughter. See if you can get them to visit.” I nodded. In all my research the Anderson family was one of the most influential families in the system. They owned the largest shipyard in the system yet the family wasn't noble born or have any ties to the empire. He employed ten percent of the off world work in the sector and provided ships to the other ninety.

“I can ask him to come but I don't know if he will.”

“Never hurts to ask. Tell him that I will approve the sell of the property he was trying to purchase on Icfyre. I will even give it to him for free as long as he comes to see me in person.” I smiled.

“That should do it.” He nodded. “As you wish. Should I show you to your room?”

“No. I know the way.” I shook my head. “If I get lost I can always ask one of the staff.”

“Very well my lord.” He nodded and headed on his way. I went up to my room looking as I went. Servants bowed as I passed which was a little odd only because I was used to being saluted. I walked in to find two women pulling clothes from a crate to put in the closet.

“My lord, we where just unpacking your belongings.” One bowed then the other.

“It's fine. You can do it later. I would like to rest some now. It has been a long trip.”

“As you wish my lord.” They bowed and made their exit. Truthfully it be hours before I was tired. The last planet I was on had a thirty six hour day compared to the twenty six hour day of this planet. I walked over to the table where my case sat beside the chair. I put it on the table and typed in my code and the case opened. I pulled out my computer and sat it down on the disk booting it up and slid in the telemetry data from the probe of Icfyre. A fitting name I suppose. The moon was covered in cryovolcanos that spewed water, ice, and methane into the air. It had been a hot bed for mining activity in the system as rare earth elements also could be found among the ice. Sadly the moon had been struck by a meteorite that had made mining it impossible for years now as chucks of the moon created a debris filled orbit that had shut down all mining. Hell it was a miracle the planet was still here and hadn't been destroyed. The moon had a small ring from the rocks that couldn't break orbit of fall back down to the moon. As I looked over the data a knock came at the door.

“Enter.” I said swiping the computer off. A second later a beautiful red haired woman came in. I swore for a second I was looking at the imperial princess herself.

“Hello. I was told to you wanted to see me.” The woman said. She wasn't a servant from the way she was dressed. It wasn't overly flashy or scandalous but it hugged the curves of her body nicely as it showed off the curves of her figure.

“I didn't mean you had to bring me the food personally.” I said walking over and taking the tray.

“I am not quit used to people doing things for me my lord.” She shook her head.

“So I see.” I smiled and sat the large platter down. She went back and closed the door behind her.

“So do you have a name or am I suppose to give you one?” I joked as she came back over.

“Anastasia. My lord.”

“It's a pleasure to meet you Anastasia.” I held out my hand and took hers kissing it softly. She had an innocent look to her which wasn't what I was expecting in the least though I wasn't sure what that might be.

“Would you care to join me?” I held out my hand toward the able.

“If you wish my lord.” She nodded and I stepped over to pull out her chair.

“Where are you from my lord? I don't quit recognize the accent though to be fair I have never been off of this planet.”

“Earth.” I nodded.

“The mortherland. Which part?” She smiled as she took a seat. Her two beautiful breast doing a little bounce in her corset.

“The Appalachian isles off of the American Sea.” I shrugged and took my seat.

“I couldn't imagine it. A world covered in so much water.” She shook her head.

“Some parts are nice. Sadly not the areas I grew up on. Over crowded cities frequent storms and hurricanes.” I shook my head. Most offworlders thought of the pictures of the Himalayan isles when they thought of earth. “I am surprised you don't know all this already.”

“The courtesans guild thought it would be best that I get to know you. It's not like you know anything about me so it wouldn't be fair. Plus I was told you where military so I am sure there is a lot that isn't open to the public.”

“Probably not. I have to ask? How sis you choose to become a courtesan? Did you choose it?” I said pouring the wine.

“Of course.” She nodded.

“Care to try again? The truth this time.” I looked up and poured her glass.

“You think I am lying?”

“No. I know you are lying. I was special operations in the military. They teach us to read people. Eye movement, body posture, the way you lick you lips when your throat is dry because you are nervous. Same way I can tell you have no cybernetic enhancements or combat training. Your muscles are to weak and your grip was soft when I kissed your hand. When I offered you food I saw your eyes. If anyone was going to put cybernetic in you they would start with a camera for surveillance. Cheap and easy to do but the blood vessels in the eye to be more pronounced. No tiny scar behind your ear where they would install a listening device to connect to small bone in your ear. Small needle marks on your arms that have almost fully healed suggest memory or genetic engineering which might explain why you look like the princess.” I shrugged and took my cup and raised it before taking a drink.

“I looked a lot like her before which was why they picked me. A few minor changes here and there. I didn't have this figure.”

“Neither does the princess. Someone took a few creativity liberties there but I like their handy work.” I grinned running my eyes over her.”

“Thanks.” She blushed. “Memory implantation as well.”

“What is your retention level?” I grinned.

“Fifty seven percent.” She said taking a drink from her glass. “Yours?”

“Eighty one.” I shrugged.

“I have never heard of anyone having one that high.” She shook her head.

“It's not always a good thing. Plus I am sure the things they put in my head are completely different then the batch you got.” I replied. I could remember how it felt the first time. Getting an injection one day and the next day field stripping a rifle and reassembling it without having to be told how. Of course not ever memory took and if you didn't have the physical training it could be dangerous. Knowing how to through a punch and not having the physical conditioning to do it could mean a broken hand. I had actually reached my physical limits since any more could possible effect my long term memory.

“I would have to agree with you there. I find myself thinking about things I wouldn't consider myself doing before.” She said blushing slightly as she took a piece of chicken of the platter with her fork.

“I can imagine.” I smiled and picked up the fork and knife and cut into a piece of of chicken. “So will you tell me? Why did the guild pick you. If you don't want to tell me that is fine and I will respect your wishes but I can tell when you are lying.”

“My father got sick. I had to drop out of the university program to take care of him. The bills started piling up. He needed medical care we couldn't afford. When they offered money to help my dad get better I jumped at the chance. It was enough to take care of him for the rest of his life.”

“I trust he is better now.”

“Much. He may not like what I am doing but he understands.”

“If it helps I have no plans to make you do anything you do not wish to do.” I replied.

“Thank you.” She nodded. “To be honest I am sure I wasn't meant for you. I was picked because of my resemblance to the princess. Probably to fulfill some ones fantasies. I was suppose to receive a lot more training but when you became the new lord I was told that I had been chosen to serve you at the request of the traders guild.”

“They told you to spy on me?” I smiled.

“Yes. With your ascension to Baron I think the guild is curious what you will do next. You have the favor of a duke and the future emperor yet you picked this place of all places. Why they picked me I cannot say.”

“Because you know the least probably and given I am in the... was in the military.” That felt strange to say. I wasn't in the military but it was a part of me. Hell until now it was who I was. “They knew I would be suspicious if they sent someone with more training in the art of seduction. Your beautiful but not intimidating.”

“So I am just someones pawn?”

“Even a pawn can become a queen.” I smiled and reached out touching her hand. “So when they ask. Today I freed the miners guild representatives and they should be back to work by Monday. I plan to turn control of the mines over to the miners. I ordered an investigation into smuggling operations and of pirates in the outer rims of the system and plan to meet with Andrew Anderson tomorrow about the discussion of purchasing ships.”

“Busy first day.” She smiled and held my hand for a second. “My dad will be happy to hear about the miner's guild. He was a miner as well which is how he got sick because of working conditions in the mine. One day here and you already did more for the people then in the last ten years.”

“Can't wait till tomorrow.” I shrugged.

“Whenever you make contact with your handler or whoever contacts you I would like you to do something for me.”

“Anything you wish my lord.” She nodded.

“I will keep that in mind.” I grinned at her and she blushed. “I would like you to see if you could find any of the previous concubines. I am sure they might have much to say about the previous lord and his business associates.”

“So pillow talk?”

“Yes. The information no longer helps them but it might help me.” I nodded. We carried on talking for awhile as we ate. She told me about the planets history it's people linguistic differences and local customs. I hadn't had anything like this in a long time. Normalcy wasn't something I think I had ever had actually. What soldier didn't dream of a day he could put down his weapons and enjoy a quite life. Not that I pictured my life getting quit anytime soon. Not with what was coming or what I had to do next.

“I will have to meet the chef and thank them for this.” I said sitting back and rubbing my belly.

“I will tell her. I am sure she can make anything you like as well if you care to make a list and I will give it to her.” Anastasia smiled and dabbed her mouth with the napkin.

“Thank you.” I nodded and rolled my shoulder.

“Muscle cramp?” She asked as she looked at me.

“War wound. I took some shrapnel to the shoulder a few years back. They fixed it good as new with muscle grafts but I still get phantom pains.”

“Can I?” She said as she stood up. I nodded and she walked around and began rubbing my shoulder.

“Um.” I grunted “Right there.” I nodded and she applied pressure. “They teach you this as well?”

“Yes. All twelve schools of massage up to erotic and sensual massage as well as neural, muscular, skeletal and cardiac stimulation among other things.” She said slyly. I hadn't ever thought about that. What I knew about anatomy was advanced first aid, interrogation techniques, and how to kill.

“What's the difference between an erotic and a sensual massage?” I glanced back. She leaned over putting her face next to mine. “With the erotic massage I don't use my hands.” She said softly. Her breath on my ear. “If you like I could show you?”

What Hair Colors Do You Like For Fantasy Or Alien Race?

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)