More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by M2J N7 M2J N7

You are:

Aetok Silzik, STG, ST&R

With your credentials, being held by C-Sec was largely a non-issue. In fact, with your skills, they wouldn't have been able to catch you if you didn't want them to.

Why?

Because you are Aetok Silzik, with the Salarian Special Tasks Group and you are an Agent of the Office of Special Tactics and Reconnaissance. Not that most would be able to identify you as such. After all, unlike the human Shepard or the turian Arturius or even fellow salarian Jondum Bau, you are a covert operative. One of many covert operatives whom the galaxy would never know had saved them from certain doom.

Not that you'd ever saved the galaxy. Brought down nations with a single shot? Yes. Kept armies at bay with hidden facts? Without a doubt. But you'd never personally done anything of note like Shepard to be declared a Galactic Hero.

You spent most of your time undercover with various merc gangs and crime organizations, bringing them down from the inside. You even had a near encounter with Spectre Shepard when they were first starting out, while infiltrating a criminal syndicate run by Helena Blake. Later on, you would even briefly see them again while on Omega, during the whole Archangel mess. It was you who hid Kafka's body so noone would immediately realize that Shepard had killed him before he could finish making the repairs on the Blue Sun's gunship used in the op.

It was also you who had made the initial report that Archangel was dead- something you suspect was a close thing, judging by the rather severe facial scars seen on Garrus Vakarian, a turian acquaintance of Shepard's since 2183 when Shepard was first sent after Saren.

As you enter the main office of the C-Sec outpost you'd been locked up in, you are surprised to see Commander Bailey waiting for you.

"Commander, I didn't expect you to come down here personally to tell me I was an innocent man who was free to go," you reply mockingly. Truth be told, you actually like Bailey. He wasn't one of those wide-eyed idealist types who wanted to do everything by the book. He actually saw the galaxy like it was and even got his hands dirty on occasion. You've actually worked with Bailey on a number of ops, not that he knew it. For all he knew, you were just another criminal selling out friends for a bigger peice of the pie- as humans would say. Being able to see you locked up was a personal career highlight no doubt- even if he did seem to have a certain amount of respect for you- no matter how grudging.

He frowned in distaste. "If it was up to me, I'd keep you locked up."

"Maybe next time," you offer with a smirk, no doubt agitating him.

"There won't be a next time," said another voice belonging to someone you hadn't immediately noticed, mostly because you were too busy rileing up Bailey.

"A Spectre!" You say with quite a bit of actual surprise. "What could an honest citizen like me do for someone of your stature."

"You can drop the act," Jondum stated. "Commander Bailey is a trusted ally of Commander Shepard."

"So both are trusted allies?" you asked.

Bau nods.

"What's going on here?" Bailey demanded.

"I apologize for the deception, Commander, but my name isn't truly Tolan Gurji," you state. "But Aetok Silzik with SpecTac and Recon." You then turn to Jondum. "I take it we will be joining up with Shepard's people to defeat the Reaper menace?"

"A Spectre... All this time... I never even suspected," Bailey commented.

You smirk at him. "If you had, I wouldn't have been doing my job properly. To be honest, I've wanted to reveal my status to you for some time now- facilitate some form of cooperation between my ops and your investigations, but there were concerns of untrusty elements within your precinct- not to mention your association with Shepard while they were a part of Cerberus."

Bailey shrugs, completely unoffended. "I was probably better off not knowing anyway."

"Speaking of Ops, we need to get to the Spectre Office and get you properly kitted out," Jondum interjects.

You nod, before turning to Bailey. "It was fun while it lasted Bailey. I hope we both survive to work together again one day." You then shake his hand.

What happens next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)