More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by moonblack moonblack

The quest stories

Adventures in Syrada AU (fantasy, female protagonist, 3rd person)

Story published. Link: https://chyoa.com/story/%5BQUEST%5D-Adventures-in-Syrada.10974


This will be (if there’s enough interest) an Alternative Universe (AU) version of my forum game Adventures in Syrada. Since it is an AU it doesn't have to be the same as the original, and it allows me to continue the forum version at a later point.

The game takes place in a fantasy world. The main character is a human female (depending on choices during the game she might become a futa, either temporarily or permanently). Further details will be voted on during the character creation.

I'm going to post part of the character creation (the actual character creation will be much bigger and likely split in three parts) and a few examples of things that might happen in the actual story. Most threads will have just one or two choices, though in some cases you will be able to choose multiple options.


Character creation example

A. Fetishes you do NOT like – okay, so this isn’t about the character but it is necessary so that I can put a warning if a thread contains one or more of them

B. Name and appearance of the character
Example:
Name: Esvera
Appearance: Blue eyes, shoulder-length raven hair, D cup breasts, average human height.

C. What sort of family does she come from?
C1. The family of a minor noble. Esvera has three siblings – two older sisters and one younger sister. Their family is rather wealthy but is too minor to have any significant influence in the city.
C2. The family of a rich merchant. Very wealthy but with barely any influence since they are not nobles. Esvera has two older siblings – a brother and a sister.
C3. A family of magi. Both of her parents are skilled spellcasters. One works as a teacher at the Academy while the other works as a tutor for people who want to learn more about magic without studying at the Academy. Esvera has two older siblings – a brother and a sister.
C4. A family of retired mercenaries. Both parents are skilled warriors that have survived numerous battles. They are well-known among mercenaries. Esvera has an older sister.
C5. Esvera's mother is a skilled healer capable of curing most wounds and deceases, be it with spells or with herbs, potions and salves. Her father was an adventurer – he disappeared when Esvera was three-years-old. Esvera has an older sister, an older brother, and a younger sister.
C6. Other – specify, just don’t be greedy (such as creating a family of very wealthy high-ranking nobles that are also spellcasters).

Important: You CAN modify the above choices. For example, if you want the main character to have one older and one younger sibling, or to have three siblings instead of two, or to have no siblings at all. Just say which choice you’re voting for, and then list the changes and/or additions you want to make to that choice. When voting "Other" you can combine elements from the above choices, just don’t try to have everything in a single family.

The reason all choices involve the MC having siblings is because this way it’s easier to justify her being allowed to go on adventures.

D. Esvera’s parent(s) insisted that she must learn to defend herself in case of an emergency. They let her choose what to use for her own defense. Esvera decided that:
D1. She will face the enemies head-on and crush them. She focused on melee

+3 Strength
+1 Dexterity
+2 Constitution
Melee Combat I
Toughness I
Starts with a high-quality dagger and a melee weapon of choice

D2. She will take the enemies out from a safe distance

+1 Strength
+2 Dexterity
Ranged Combat I
Sneak I
Woodcraft I
Starts with a high-quality dagger and a ranged weapon of choice

D3. She will try to avoid direct confrontation and will aim to surprise enemies, taking them out before they can react

+4 Dexterity
Melee Combat I
Toughness I
Sneak I
Exploit Weakness I
Starts with a pair of high-quality daggers

D4. She had been amazed by what magic could do and decided that spells will be her way of fighting

+3 Intelligence
+1 Wisdom
Spellcraft I
Channeling I
Combat Casting I
Arcana I
Starts with a single high-quality dagger and a pair of spell scrolls (will be decided in next part)

D5. Other – specify. I will tell you the bonuses (if any) based on the details

E. Who is Esvera's best friend?
E1. Catherine – the third daughter of a noble, and the most rebellious of his children. She is skilled with both sword and bow, so she can take care of herself – which is good because she often does as she pleases.
E2. Lisa – a young human girl working in her family's inn and tavern. She is quite popular with the visitors because of her looks. She has exceptional balance and some basic skills in unarmed combat, for when a patron gets too drunk and too touchy-feely.
E3. Tara – daughter of a powerful wizard. Currently studies at the Academy. Specializes in attack spells. Rather weak physically but makes up for it with her spells. Loves to hear stories about far away places.
E4. Evelyn – the third child of a rich merchant and his trophy wife. She has inherited her mother's looks but is very strong-willed, unlike her mother. She has a thirst for adventure, much to her parents' displeasure and worry, but fortunately she also has some limited skills in using daggers and thrown weapons (mostly throwing knives), knows some spells, and is smart enough to know when she's getting involved in something that might be too much for her to handle alone.
E5. Other – suggest your own “best friend” for the main character.

F. Anything you guys would like to suggest, such as "she has a crush on x person", or "she has a certain birthmark", or something else.

The following thread(s) will be examples of things that might happen. Some of them may never happen, others might happen differently, depending on the choices made.


Story published. Link: https://chyoa.com/story/%5BQUEST%5D-Adventures-in-Syrada.10974

Examples

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)