More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by UnrulyDogboy UnrulyDogboy

Introduce yourself

Adam

"I'm Adam. Adam Thompson. Who..."

"Who am I? I am the god Horcliff, son of Horcus."

Horcliff paused, looking at you, his mischievous smile never wavered.

"Horcliff? No? I know. No one remembers me. Some scholars remember my dad, god of oaths, but no one remembers Horcliff, god of the mistreated and maligned. Do you think it's the name? Horcliff. Now Zeus or Huitzilopochtli, those are godly sounding names. My worshipers call me Horcliff, but my friends usually call me HC."

"I am sorry. God? Did you say you were God? Like immortal, all-powerful, God, God?"

HC chuckled.

"Immortal, hmmm? Mostly. All the other stuff. Not really. I am more of a lowercase 'g' god than capital 'G' God. The gods you know from myths and legends, I am one of those gods.

The room seemed to shake, you felt dizzy, and things started to lose focus. HC tensed and clenched his fists. The room snapped back into focus.

"Adam, this is our initial meeting; your ties to this realm are weak. I cannot maintain our connection long. We'll need to do the Cliffnotes version.

I am Horcliff, god of the mistreated and the maligned. This place is an echo of my earthly temple. The original structure that existed in your world is long since gone, but I maintain this remnant. From here, I can look into your world, and I have been looking for a long time. Looking for someone, someone like you."

"Like me?"

HC reached out and grasped both your shoulders.

"Yes Adam. Like you. You are very special to me. You are my great, great, a lot of great's grandson. Probably not a direct line, but your bloodline is most assuredly divine. Adam, you are a demigod.

Demigod?

"Yes, demigod. Child of a god and a human. And no, I cannot read your thoughts, but it was rather obvious what you were thinking. You are a demigod many times removed, but within you, I sense immense potential. Demigods are the bridge between my people and the earthly realm.

A glowing aura appeared around HC. He seemed taller, more powerful, intoxicatingly masculine. The energy coming off him was nearly overwhelming. You became aroused.

"Adam, child of my children you have been mistreated and maligned. This I cannot abide! I would have you become a vessel for my power; to act as my agent in your world. Look at yourself.

Look at yourself

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)