More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Ddust Ddust

Next

A win

"I did it. " James said dumbly staring at the screen.

"I did it!!!" This time he leapt up, capering from foot to foot, knocking over the remnants of his Mountain Dew.

He stopped celebrating to watch the screen flicker to black. The last level of the game had been as nonsensical as the rest but it had been the hardest. The last hour had been spent just working on that level alone and after sixty minutes, with aching fingers and an absolutely splitting headache he'd done it. The joy wiped away all stiffness in his fingers as his headache was gone as if it had never been.

While he didn't expect a blockbuster ending like so many modern video games he was sure there would be SOME kind of congratulations.

A badly rendered ultra pixelated version of his great uncle slowly came into focus. In fact if it had not been for the accompanying photos he'd found he would have never guessed it was a real person, rather some cartoonish video game mad scientist.

The follow lines slowly materialized on screen:

Congratulations!

Subjects:1472
Results:
1362 : dead
109 : insane
1 : complete

Consider yourself an individual of unique merit! With the completion of this material you have begun the path to unlocking the deepest secrets of the mind. Immediately you will discover your ability to sense, hear, feel and CONTROL the minds of others is amplified to levels most would consider the stuff of science fiction! But it is REAL!

Now, being in such select company it is your duty to skeiwoqhdbwkqhdnwosjebqkdibekwhf....

And with a rambling line of broken code the game ended, flickered, and turned off.

Not QUITE what he expected. And more than a little silly. But he was glad he beat it. James stared at his reflection in the TV, seeing only the typical white nerdy teenager he always saw. He didn't feel any different. Not exactly. It was like the time he joined the track team. It had only been for a week but after that weak of practicing he'd felt soreness in places he didn't even know he had muscles. It was like that now except, well even more inexplicable.

Shrugging to himself he decided he had earned a snack and headed upstairs.

Snack time!

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)