More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by MidbossMan MidbossMan

Now, let's learn about you. Who is Tomo, briefly?

A well-meaning hypnotherapist who's too committed to his results

Although you'd been angling for recognition as the Ultimate Therapist all throughout your schooling, you were happy enough to be accepted as the Ultimate Hypnotist, as long as it gave you a career path to continue helping people. Your school didn't have a school counselor: it had you, Tomo Tominaga, the best in his field, to solve everyone's woes through private consultations and liberal application of a new kind of hypnotherapy. The method is simple: first, you induce a trance-like state by asking simple questions in a private setting, generally with the patient lying down and the assistance of a watch or metronome. Once the patient is asleep, you ask them to clarify the things that they struggle with in their lives-- as a purely random example, they might say sexual repression. Once you've hammered down to the root of the issue, you alter their behavior by suggesting new a new behavior or approach, before waking them up and sending them on their way. From then, it's a matter of observing your results.

You'd never want to come off as boastful, but your success rate is near 100%, a far cry from what any other in your field has achieved. That success rate includes both inducing the trance and recording the results in the patient's daily life! You're proud of your profession and you've never left a patient hanging without achieving tangible changes. Anyone who looks at your talent with derision will change their tune once they see the marvelous impact it can achieve and the marked improvement in the attitude and outlook of the patient!

You, of course, keep a respectable appearance, as any trusted therapist must, generally dressing a step above what those around you would wear. In this case, that often means a vest and tie. Features-wise, you're the type of person who could be described as neither terribly masculine or feminine, with long hair that you tend to wear in a ponytail. You do have a penis, but that rarely matters in your line of work. After all, you relationship with your patients-- no matter how fond they may become of you-- is strictly professional. You don't have time for frivolous things like relationships. Of course, if your manhood could ever in some way positively impact the lives of your patients, even that would be on the table as a tool of your trade.

Over all, the one thing that matters above all else is the happiness of the patient!

If you have to go along with some bizarre blackmailing plot to achieve that goal, so be it. The slot will just go to someone with worse intentions if you aren't in it. Those shadowy figures seemed to think they could use your talent to sow chaos among the other Ultimate Students, but they have it all wrong! You intend to leave the University better than you found it.

Now, who is most in need of your talents?

Who is your patient?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)