More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by fischch fischch

What happens?

A vine grabs her foot

From under the bench something had poked her foot. Alison was surprised and slightly terrified, having not expected to feel anything. She jumped up and looked down but her expectation was that whatever poked her was either a paw or a hand. As she looked for either one, she ended up finding nothing but the green of plants and the dark brown of soil. Having been creeped out from the sensation, it was time for her to leave. But as she turned away from the bench to make a step toward the airlock, something got in the way of her rear foot. She tripped but had enough control over the fall to not cause any harm to herself. On her hands and knees she turned her head to see what the hell was going on, and sure enough there was a vine. It was far from where it was supposed to be, being rather noticeable as it had now crossed the stone path. It slithered toward her and seemed to try climbing her left ankle. Alison tried to bring her left leg in, but the snake-like thing had realized its' prey was moving away, and so wrapped itself around it to form at least a loop around it. Alison wrestled with it for half a minute, but the vine was too thick and resilient to break. She shifted her weight to her right leg and tried to stand up, but a tug came from her left leg.

The vine began pulling her toward the deeper parts of the forest, but not before it had to pull her under the bench. She grabbed onto the bench desperately, and the vine was unable to pull her further. The vine tried using more and more but found itself unable to pull her further. Thank goodness. Maybe it'll let go, she hoped. It seemed to give up on dragging her, and merely held onto her. Alison decided to use this moment of 'calm' to look around and plan, for anything that could get her out of this situation. Someone will surely come for me, was her first thought but as more possibilities entered her mind, one of them bothered her enough to cause a small shiver in her. What if everyone who could help was already caught by this thing?

Alison began looking around for something of use to help her fight the fiend that held on to her. There wasn't much to find laying around, the area was too well kept. She looked at herself, and noticed that while her clothes suffered some tears, they were largely intact. She might have something left over in her pockets. Nothing like a pocket knife, but likely a pen or hairpin. Maybe I can hurt it bad and it'll go away. The tricky part however, would be to free one of her arms to reach into a pocket. The terrifying and physically exhausting nature of her situation caused her, like anyone else in her shoes, to sweat, and it inevitably would get to her hands causing it to be trickier to hold on to the bench, especially if she left only one arm to hold on. On the other hand, the snakelike thing might be able to wait out the tug of war, and then when she was in an exhausted state, overwhelm her. Fighting seemed necessary while she still had the strength to do so. Before making any attempt, she wanted to mentally steel herself before she took the risk. "I can do this, I have to do this," she chanted, closing her eyes and entering a state of meditation.

Outside of her field of view, four vines crept from where the original had emerged from. Two of them quietly set up position near her free leg, and the other two seemed to aim for her arms. While they were attempting to be stealthy, one of them crossed something that crackled like a twig being stepped on, which caused Alison to open her eyes and snap her head in its' direction. "OH SHIT!" she yelled. Never had she needed to use profanity, but the moment warranted it. She tightened her grip on the bench and tried to fold her free leg away, but wasn't able to move it far enough away. Now with both of her legs caught, being pulled by three vines, the fight to hold onto the bench became much more difficult. As a result of the pulling of the vines, the tension in her arms became much too painful to bear and found herself automatically letting go, causing her to be dragged into the greenery of the forest. Reminded of her plan, she reached for her pockets desperately, and found at the very least a pen. Throwing her upper body in the direction of the vines, she swung her arm, forcing the pen deep into one of the vines. There was no recoil from it, no reaction, and a sense of doom hung in the air.

The remaining free vines grabbed her arms by the wrist. Working in unison, all the vines lifted her, leaving her suspended three feet off the ground.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)