More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by Enfforlife Enfforlife

What's the story Mackenzie is on her way to cover?

A supposed spook

“No way! An actual haunted house?!” Mackenzie was freaking out before going live. Billy, her cameraman, had been hearing this blabber from her mouth the last ten minutes.

“Ask me? It’s nothing real. I don’t even know how we’re going to sell this as news.” Billy said, flatly. He had a much more humanized perspective on things than Mackenzie. “We’re here.” They pulled out of the van and set up a few things outside the boarded up house.

“Sure looks like they shut it down for a reason. Still no sign of a ghost yet.” She grabbed a plank and tried to pry it off the doorframe. It finally came loose to offer a hole that they’d just barely be able to crawl through.

“We’re starting in 5…4…3” he mouthed out 2 and 1.

“Hi, Mackenzie Fairborn here with channel 6. Today’s weather, a bit milder than a few days ago, but that is not the reason I have gathered your attention. We have received some reborn stories of an old haunted house.” Mac gestured widely to the paint-stripped house behind her. “This supposedly ghost infested house was last heard about 15 years ago before these recent rumors.” She pried a little bit more at the wood blocking the door. Unfortunately her luck didn’t hold as good as last time.

“It seems that even the planks blocking the doorway don’t want me to risk my luck in there.” She chuckled as she gave up her attempt. “But luckily for us, my cameraman and I am the most persistent recorders on the silver screen. The two of us should fit through this gap no problem.”

What problems ensue?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)