More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by niceguy2002tim niceguy2002tim

Who do they find?

A single black male.

Keith and Virginia headed south through the barely visible Garnet's Pass. The storm had intensified now and everything was covered with a thick powdery sheet of snow. Keith struggled to watch his side of the road as the windshield wipers swished back and forth.

"I think I see something," shouted Virginia.

She had always had better eyes than him. Ginny could see like a hawk, he often told her. The two made a good team, him with his physical strength and her with the five senses. He particularly enjoyed her sense of touch, he thought as he pulled their four-wheel-drive truck off to the side of the road.

About 20 feet off the road he could see a set of snowy tail-lights. It looked as if the driver must have hit a patch of ice and lost control of the car. Keith adjusted his orange "Roadside Assistance" vest before he climbed out of the truck. Virginia was at the car by the time he reached the opposite side of the truck. The car was not running which meant the occupant was without heat.

Ginny knocked on the driver's side window, which was half covered with snow. There was no response so she stepped out of the way and let Keith take over. The car sat in snow half way up the door and it took Keith all his power to pull it open. Sitting inside the driver's seat was a young black man. He was in shock from the cold and was in immediate need of help. Keith pulled the man from the car and carried his stiff body back to the truck, while Ginny shut the car door.

Virginia quickly joined Keith at the truck and with the heat turned up to fully they headed back to the cabin. The young black man was still alive but he had been exposed to the cold for quite some time. Once they arrived back at the cabin Keith carried the man inside.

How does the couple warm the black man?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)