More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by Spioch Spioch

What's next?

A long drive to the vacation home [Chapter1]

Next day the car horn wakes you up. Your family is already ready to go out. But your head is killing you and you're bit hangover. You got up and grabbed your bag rubbing the back of your head, being crushed after the party you lazily walked outside.

"You're not getting off to a good start Son. Dogs needs to be walked out in the morning. But I'll forgive you - just today. Hop in."

"How long will it take to get there?" you ask.

"Few hours I think, depending how the traffic goes" father responds.

He is not wrong. We drive for several hours, eat the lunch on the way, and arrive at the villa in the evening.

It's located on the edge of the village, in a series of new developments. Near it are many other estates like this, and it's placed on the cul-de-sac . A big Protected by Guard Dogs sign hangs on the gate. Whole estate surrounded by tall and thick hedge which is lower on the front.

"It's getting late, we'll go to the tavern, eat dinner and have a good start tomorrow." he says.

"Sounds like a plan to me, Dad." you scratch the back of your head and ignore the sign, thinking it was just put there for when you get an actual dog. "Although, I think I'll go easy on the **** this time. After all, dogs need to be walked early in the morning."

You thought it may impress him to have already remembered one of his tips. You get back in the car and tell Mom the plan.

"So, can I learn what your test for me is yet? The suspense is killing me!" you ask impatiently.

"Good thinking Son. Regarding the question - no. Not yet!" is your Dad's response.

We head to the tavern. It's a good fifteen minute walk, and we chat roughly about nothing. After arriving we take a seat in the booth in the corner. The decor is nice, they didn't try to be "authentic" - instead it's just neat and cosy.

We sit down, browse quickly and order something, then chat a bit while waiting for the food.

"They have a take out menu and deliver to our home by the way" Dad says

You try to prod a bit but he asks you to focus on food. He and your Mom eat our fair share.

"I know you want to learn more, I'll tell you when we head back" he finally relents a bit, but still refuses to talk while you wait for the bill.

"So. Son. We have decided that it's time for you to learn responsibility. Initially I wanted to help, and have your Mom watch over you, but she convinced me that leaving you with supervision would defeat the purpose of the test. Listen. There will be a surprise tomorrow, and you'll learn something about us. But you are a grown man, and I think that it's time. You'll get two pets to take care for a week - or more if you do a good job - if you don't there will be a punishment waiting for you. So don't disappoint me"

That was all he said, and you finished the walk in silence. Before entering the house and heading to the bedrooms. Your father showing you where is yours.


Like this branch? Give it a thumb please!

Sun is shining, did you wake up in the morning?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)