More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Somburliss Somburliss

What does the morning bring?

A late start

You crack your eyes open, letting the harsh light of morning flood in. You can’t say that you slept very well, considering you spent the night in a new room, and your first day of teaching is today. As a mercenary, there wasn’t much that made you nervous, but the thought of a class full of students expecting you to be an expert on your subject is enough to make your stomach roll over. But it doesn’t change the fact that you accepted this position, and you’re hopeful that you can be of some real help to anyone looking to learn.

As you stretch and drag yourself out of bed, clad in nothing but your underwear, you hear the monastery bells ring. Oh shoot, seven o’clock!? At this rate, you’ll be late for your first day! With urgency, you throw on your armor since it’s the only thing you brought to wear. It crosses your mind that you should get something else, perhaps something more astute and dignified, to match your status as a professor. But maybe dressing as you would for battle will make a good impression, too. After all, you have precious little money at the moment, and this job doesn’t pay too well, either.

You hurriedly throw open your door and run out, only to bump facefirst into a brick wall. Well, actually it’s just a person. A tall, sturdy person standing right outside your door. Once you take a step back, you see there’s actually two people, both wearing students’ uniforms. And they’re both built like the brick walls you mistook them for.

The dark-skinned one on the right speaks first. “Good morning, Professor. My name is Dedue, and this is Raphael. You seem to be in a rush. We’d like to inspect your clothes, to make sure you’ve dressed yourself properly.”

The one with blonde, scraggly hair and the undersized shirt talks next. “That’s right! It would be awful if you showed up to class on your first day and had a wardrobe bad function.” This second one seems far less tactful than the first.

“That’s kind, boys, but I can dress myself. If you’ll excuse me.”

They don’t move.

How will you get them out of your way?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)