More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Pooka Pooka

You are.....?

A human female named Cassie (Power: Incognito)

Flashbacks to a messed up eye surgery from aliens, nearly getting trampled by who knows what, and being dumped on some hostile planet is too much for you. You huddle to yourself, hidden and weeping in the bramble bush.

Eventually you get your breathing under control. Your frequent panic attacks have troubled you often growing up. Classmates would pick on you. Parents never understood why you were always so anxious. Friends....well you never really many friends. Just the neighbor kid who had a crush on you, even though you're pretty sure she was just some sort of peeping tom-girl.

You've always been too self-conscious and nervous about your appearance. Thanks to the crappy combo of physically maturing early and a super handsy youth pastor you were left with a messed up self image. Looking down at your oversized sweatshirt, baggy jeans, and combat boots you feel safer knowing you're at least in comfortable clothes.

Huh, your messenger bag is still with you. Taking a quick inventory you see most of your stuff is there. Tampons, hair ties, anti-anxiety meds, insulated water bottle, can of cashews, gym clothes, trail mix in a thick freezer bag, tissues, and your own personal no-one-is-touching-me-again stiletto. You found the slim knife in the Lost & Found of the library you volunteer at. No one would miss it and you would often thumb the blade when stressed. A little pain to keep you calm. Pain you controlled. The urge to cut yourself rises...but not here. Wherever this is.

It's still hard to think. Whatever those aliens used really hit you hard. No wait...That UI is still up. You didn't notice it until now. A few blinks turns it off, the world becomes vivid and bright suddenly and a heightened sense of anxiety courses through you. You quickly blink the UI back on, everything greys out and you feel calm again. "What...what's happening to me?" you whisper softly to yourself. You've never felt this calm, this in control. It's....so nice.

"It was over here I'm sure!" A loud voice booms from somewhere close by.

Normally you'd be panicking by now. However whatever was done to you is keeping you relaxed and in control.

You watch a huge mouthed man-looking being emerge from the undergrowth. He has no neck, blue-grey skin that looks thick like old leather, and is holding a club with what looks like teeth sticking out of it.

"Keep your damn voice down Vin, you want to bring a Spikeback upon us?" A slim figured...creature peers around a tree and steps forward. Its head is a tangle of what looks like vines and teeth. You're not even sure where the snake-like voice came from.

The big mouthed man gets down on all fours and paws in the dirt. "Told you!" He jumps up like a frog and hold out something. "Your turn Slenar," and tosses what he found. It's your wallet!

A few wisps of Slenar's tentacle-like fingers catch the wallet. It carefully opens it and searches its' contents. "A female I believe. Young. Look at these," Slenar pulls out several photos and holds them out.

Vin stops pacing around the area keeping watch and comes over. "Too soft. Looks like a big infant to me. Can you find her?"

Slenar takes your wallet and photos...inside itself. You feel a deep anger at it taking what is your only tie to your family. While watching you see its body shudder and vibrate. "She....landed here....." its body moves to the location you landed at, very close to you. "She fell here. Into this bramble....and....*its tentacles quiver closer to you, some reach out and pass through you* "Nothing. It is as though she ceased to be. Impossible!" Its voice arcs up into a screech. "I cannot fail! TimeSight has never failed!"

"Heh, who's not quiet now. You screech louder anything I could do." Vin walks up behind the mess of writhing tentacles that make up Slenar's body and slaps him playfully.

"Noooo, you dullard! Never touch me when I'm using my Power, I now know everything you've touched with your foul hand!" Slenar's body seems to change color to reflect its' mood. "Your GreatShout Power is loud enough to rend flesh, I could never be so cacophonous."

Vin barks a laugh like a toad and scratches his ass with the hand that touched Slenar. "You're so fun to annoy!"

Slenar reforms itself and motions to Vin, "I am done here. Mayhap someone at camp can track this female, where I could not."

Vin turns and follows the strange being after giving the area one last glance. "What Power do you have girl?" He mutters to himself as he joins his companion.

You watch them go. Emotions roil through you as you shut down your Power. "They couldn't even touch me," you whisper. A tremendous sense of empowerment grows as you think of the possibilities....

=================================================================

(Will the lovely, but wallflowered Cassie on her new Power? Should she follow, or even kill the two strangers? She feels better than she ever has before and it's her time now.)

Cassie decides to.....?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)