More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by FrightfulAuto FrightfulAuto

The beginning.

A forgotten place from a forgotten time.

“Professor! Look!” An excited voice calls out. The creaking of metal and the freezing cold air showing her every breath. “We found it! We finally found it!” The woman’s cries fill the air as an older more grizzled man climbs down the rope that comes down from the ceiling, a full team of scientists, archeologists, and engineers sitting above the hole erupt into cheers upon hearing the girls call.

The entire room seemed rather unordinary, save for the large metal door that sealed off what they all assumed was the rest of the facility. The symbol on the door was that of a great city, showing them that this was an Asgard project research facility. The other two they found had been in ruins and they were hoping that this one would have held up against the test of time.

It took some time, a few days actually to get through the large security door, welders spent countless hours of work on those doors trying to cut through them. In the end they finally managed to break the lock and with a small portable energy reactor they were able to power the door and signal a command for it to open.

Entering the facility, their hopes were still fairly high. There was some damage and a fair bit of wear and tear of time. But the structure of it seemed sound, or at least that’s what the engineers told them.

Checking each and every room that had not collapsed or wasn’t just a bedroom they found many bits and bobs, little trinkets to fill out the museum and that could help explain their lost culture. The years upon years of lost history they craved to learn.

“I found something!” Someone called out further in the facility. Quite a few people came rushing in to look. In the room were ten cryogenic storage pods. “Crying pods? Who uses these anymore?” One of the younger scientists ask. “The ancient terrans did. You piece of dratha crap. They weren’t as advanced as we are now, they laid the foundations of everything we have! Imagine what we could find here!” The one called professor exclaims.

“Uh I think someone is still alive here, I’m picking up a humanoid life signature on my scanner.” One of the engineers says, walking over to a pod he wipes away the frost and reveals a human. “By the holy crown! T-There is a-“

Boy or girl?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)