More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3

What does he suggest?

A few nicknames

"If you win, I pay you $50. If you win by more than 20, then I pay you $100." Nick said, stepping up a bit closer before continuing "If I win, I get to give you a personal nickname between us. If I win by more than 20, I get to call you that whenever I want...plus, you have to call me by a name too."

"Oh, that sounds like a great idea," I responded with my words icing with sarcasm. "I'm sure it's going to be really classy."

"Hey, you're the one with no money and I'm offering you some without getting you uncomfortable. A decent reward to little risk too, if you're not lying about how good you are."

I stood in place, struggling to find a reason to decline his wager. Truth be told, I was anxious for money and needed any help I could get. I wasn't lying about how good I was easier - I always beat Henry at these types of games and I was sure to put Nick in his place. So, after some self-reflection, I uncrossed my arms and sighed.

"Okay, it's a bet."

Nick grinned, sending a slight shiver down my spine. He always had a bit of a harsh look on his face so seeing him grin was a bit...unsettling. This knot in my stomach grew when I saw him throw his dart towards the board. A triple 20.

"Oh, what a lucky shot!" he said loudly while I scoffed.

"Looks like somebody's been practicing..." I said nonchalantly before I threw my dart. A triple 20.

"Looks like you weren't lying." He answered back with a sly smile. He flicked another dart, hitting the triple 20 again. This time, he hit an angle that blocked a god portion of the remaining space. I quickly noticed that while it was maybe possible for me to hit a triple 20 again, it was also more likely that my dart would bounce off one of the other three, which would essentially seal Nick's win.

I stopped for a moment, eyeing the board. Of course, Nick was not about to let me concentrate. Instead, his eyes went over my body and believe me, I noticed this from the corner of my eye.

"Hm, maybe your nickname should be something cute, like bunny." He said with a loud laugh. "Or maybe something more lewd? Like Bootylicious. Mm..."

"Oh my god, shut up! I need to focus..." I answered back, contemplating whether I should go for the risky shot or not...

"Oh, and maybe you should call me Hubby. I wonder what Henry would think about that?"

Ugh, should I go for the risky shot?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)