More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Razor7826 Razor7826

So who are you?

A female counterrevolutionary

          How had things gotten so bad, so quickly?

Under a year ago, Rachel Withers and her family were prosperous and happy.

Her father, James, was a successful surgeon at the local hospital. Six months ago, he was the lead during a surgery that saved the life of former Prime Minister Milhouse Sweeney, one of the Nu movement's staunchest enemies and one that they had never outright arrested out of fear of making a martyr of him. However, the incident gained the noble James Withers media attention, and he was arrested on undoubtedly false charges of treason.

Her mother, Marissa, was a lawyer-- not as successful at her job as her husband was at his, but enough to help pay the bills. Four months ago, she made the mistake of representing a young college student that wanted to file sexual charges against a professor at the most prestigious school in the city. Both the student and her lawyer disappeared after a scheduled meeting at the local police precinct. The police denied any knowledge of having seen them, and the event went unreported.

Her sister, Fiona, was a nun on a humanitarian mission to one of the embattled border regions. Months ago there had been shellings from a neighboring country that had not yet fallen to the Nu forces. Fiona used to call home every night, but three weeks ago those phone calls stopped. Calls to the local police offered no help or hope that things were okay, and due to travel restrictions to safety concerns, neither Rachel nor Stuart could go look for her.

Her twin brother, Stuart, had never gone on to college and was still living at home, focusing on his artwork, some of which had begun to sell for reasonable money. One day, he just never came home, and the police, as usual, were of no help.

But now they were all gone. She is only twenty years old, a young and single Christian woman that would never ever join the Nu movement or their sexual perversions. Not only was she alone, but she had heard horrible rumors about what the Nus did to their prisoners, most of which deep down she knew to be true.

“Today is the day I join the revolution!” she said aloud as she stared at her 5'7” reflection in the mirror. Her blond hair was tied in to a ponytail. She wore her most comfortable hiking clothes and boots. Her bags were packed with all of her parents' jewelery and a thick wad of cash from selling many of her family's electronics. The kitchen table was covered in bills that she could never hope to pay without her family's wages; soon, the home would be foreclosed and young, innocent Rachel would be out on the street. She didn't have a choice. She had to find rescue her family or join a counterrevolutionary group to defeat the perverse and evil Scions of 6/9. But where to start?

Rachel Withers left her family home without even locking the door.

What does Rachel do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)