More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by CON2H4 CON2H4

What does Zoë see?

A catheter has made her wet the bed

Zoë looked around, but could not see anybody in the room. She then felt a distinct wetness.

Strange, she never wet the bed before.

She looked down and saw a catheter had been inserted into her. This wouldn't have been so bad, except it didn't lead into a bag.

It lead directly into her bed.

She was being made to wet the bed.

"Jack, where's the bag for this!?" Asked a panicked Zoë.

"I don't know how to explain this, but You aren't supposed to have one. You see, in this time, it is considered both normal and healthy, to always pee as soon as you feel the need, regardless of where you are, or hat you are doing. thus bedwetting is the norm."

"What the fuck!? Is this prank funny to you? Where am I really?"

"I know this is hard to believe, but it's true, look, I'll show you a hologram, to prove this really is the future."

And true to his word, he produced an owl appearing out of thin air. It glided silently onto the body of Zoë, who was surprised to find out that it was solid.

"Like I say, It's just a hologram, and like a hologram, it can change shape at will" continued Jack.

And sure enough, it changed from an owl to an eagle.

This seemed to calm Zoë down a bit, allowing her to accept that she really was in the future. But she still had questions.

"So you said that it's now normal to be incontinent, why? And also, is it normal to be naked? If not then why am I? And if so, why?"

"Ok, so briefly speaking there was a great disease about 600 years ago. The first patient was admitted to hospital 631 years, 42 days, 3 hours and 7 minutes ago. His symptoms included severe pain in his badder and bowels. After billions of others had caught it, it was realised that the incontinent were immune. Sadly 10,770,123,254 people had died. The disease is still incurable, although it can be managed simply by peeing and pooping like an incontinent person. In any case humanity stopped searching for a cure, simply because everybody was used to it, and the furniture is self-cleaning. As for nudity, well, humanity found that leaving the pelvic region uncovered helped manage the condition, so it just became the norm to be nude. There are other things you should know, but I think you've taken in enough for one day. I will start teaching you the language tomorrow, funny thing being that we have a technique to teach you in five days."

"If I'm in the future, does that mean everybody I know is dead?"

...

...

"Unfortunately yes. While I do not have any details of their personal lives, I'm sure most of them lived long and fulfilling lives"

Zoë stared blankly, with a shocked expression. Still reeling from the events of the day. Jack had the judgement to realise that she best be eft alone.

"If you need me, just let me know, while as an AI connected to the internet, I am basically everywhere, my attention can only be in a few places at once, but I will not be doing anything imprtant, so feel free to let me know"

"Thank you. By the way, I think I heard some doctors in here earlier, where are they?"

"Tending to other patients. In other rooms."

"Can I have this catheter removed?"

"So long as you promise to do a wee as soon as you need to?"

"Sure. You know I just noticed this bed it still warm. Are there any heaters keeping this wet bed warm?"

"Partly that, and partly, the material is good at retaining temperature, even when soaked."

"I don't think I mind, if the whole thing is going to clean itself. do I also have to poop here though?"

"Yes, but as I say, the self cleaning mechanism will quickly disintegrate it, and remove al traces."

"Ok. To be honest, I don't feel like getting up anyway, so it's kind of convenient."

"Yeah, I gather people with mental health problems are less inclined to get up. Just make sure you do a wee and a poo as soon as you need to. Like I say, just let me know if you need anything. I'll let Nurse Gatti know to remove the catheter. Ok?"

Zoë just lay there motionless, coming to terms with the crazy things she experienced that day. Jack knew better than to disturb her.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)