More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Dark_Ness Dark_Ness

What Item did Ethan take?

A book: The Tome of Arcane Patrons

Ethan sat in his room, hidden away from his friends and roommates, looking over the book that he had taken from the odd little shop. The cover wasn't much to look at. Simple leather with gold lettering spelling out the title of the book: The Tome of Arcane Patrons. Cracking it open, he saw that it was broken down into... chapters, he guessed? The first outlined the general overview of how the book worked. Each subsequent section outlined a creature that someone could make a contract with to gain magic. All it took was a bit of blood on the last page of any given section. Ethan turned to look through the sections.

The Fey - Tricksters who prioritized fun above all else. They were experts in charm and illusion spells. The book warned that there were cases where the illusions could have lasting effects if left in place for too long, and the charms had a similar warning.

Demons - Dark creatures that existed to twist and corrupt. There were many types, mostly focused on manipulating the sinful thoughts and feelings in humans. That section ended with a page with seven sections, one for each of the Deadly Sins.

Angels - The inverse of demons, creatures that bring forth virtuous thoughts and feelings in an attempt to sanctify the world.

Eldritch Gods - Beings from the far reaches of the cosmos where the rules of the universe break down. Their magic is focused on breaking down those very rules and expanding one's perceptions.

Djinn - Otherwise known as a genie, a cosmically powerful creature that is otherwise bound to assist other creatures with their abilities.

A greater spirit - A particularly powerful soul that has passed on. The section detailed wizards, witches, even a technomancer who bonded with the digital landscape to continue some semblance of life after .

There were others as well, but those were the ones that jumped out to him. All of them seemed interesting, and... if they worked they could present a solution to his problems. Flipping through again, he decided to try...

Which creature does Ethan make a pact with?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)