More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by john1111111111 john1111111111

Follow Jacob

A Spanner In the Works. Rupert Ferris.

The first of the twins to reach their target locations is Jacob, a rather tall and muscular man wearing a rather worn out black coat, a blue vest, a simple brown cap, green pants, boots and a brown gauntlet that contains his Hidden Blade.

Being born into the British Brotherhood of Assassins, Jacob was trained as an assassin starting from a very young age. As a result of his training, he was a master of stealth and combat, though he preferred the latter. He was also a very skilled freerunner, capable of scaling tall buildings with ease. Though he was very skilled, he was also a very impulsive, reckless, and rebellious individual with a quick wit and aggressive demeanor.

Jacob quickly hopped off the moving train and grabbed onto a nearby wooden pole. In front of Jacob is a large factory with a sign that reads "Ferris Ironworks." From atop the pole, Jacob quickly notices an open window near the top of the factory. Being an Assassin, Jacob effortlessly scales the factory's walls and enters the window to the factory unseen.

The inside of the factory is rather big. There are two floors, an upper one and the ground floor. On the ground floor, there is a giant furnace that reaches to the ceiling used to smelt iron. There are workers of all ages everywhere, from a child no more than eight, to a grown man well into his fifties.

Upon entering the factory, Jacob notices that a young child on the floor beneath him has gotten himself trapped below a machine that appears to have been broken. As the child is crying, a lone door at the other end of the factory opens. In comes a rather big and menacing man in his late thirties.

Jacob quickly recognizes the man that has just walked through the door and murmurs to himself, "I'm in luck."

"How long does he intend to go on like this? He's disrupting the other workers. Shut his trap and get the machine fixed!" the man yells, having little to no sympathy for the child.

"And get me some laudanum for me head," he continues, before walking out the and closing the door behind him.

"Coming right up," Jacob says to himself with a grin on his face.

The workers quickly go and help the crying child. After the commotion had ended, Jacob quickly scouts the room for a way to get to the door. He notices a few timely placed iron beams that he can jump across to the other side, which has stairs leading down to the door. He also notices that he could walk all the way around the room to reach the stairs. Thinking about the time he could save, Jacob decides to take a shortcut and jump across the iron beams. Upon reaching the door, Jacob immediately tries to open it. His first attempt doesn't work, so he tries a little harder, but also to no avail. After a few more tries, a worker tells him that the only way to get the door to open, is for a few machines to be broken or if someone gets hurt.

Jacob turns around and quickly scouts the place once more. He notices two machines that can be sabotaged.

Does Jacob sabotage the machines?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)