More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by EthanRave EthanRave

Your Path

A Ghost that refused to move

"Dammit, she's closing in." I thought as I flied as fast as I could. That funeral director had been chasing me for a few days. I had been a regular guy living a normal life, then all of a sudden I was no longer living. Some might call it an accident, I had found myself at the wrong place and the wrong time. I had somehow stumbled by accident on a meeting between the treasure hoarders and the fatui while I was making my deliveries. Needless to say I saw things I shouldn't have seen. Let's just say they didn't even hesitate to silence me permanently.

I had been killed, robbed of my life. Now I was a ghost that would haunt the land. I know for most ghosts they would be furious. They'd want on the ones who killed them, and for the most part while I did want that, I wanted a second lease on life even more. I spent the next few days getting used to my life as a ghost. I'll be honest it hadn't been all that bad. As a ghost I could have gone wherever I wanted without a care in the world. I didn't need to sleep or eat, nor did I necessarily need to worry about dying from an ambush...seeing as I was already dead. This had been life, ironically.

Yet this new chance was also in danger of being taken from me. The Wangshen Funeral Director, Hu Tao, had found me. She had seemed friendly enough, a girl who was looking out for the dead. She had buried my body, but still felt my spirit walking among the living. At first I had thought it would have been nice having someone to talk to....and then she mentioned that I had to move on. It was here that potential friendship ended.

I had no interest moving on to the afterlife. As far as I knew I didn't know what awaited me in the world beyond , and quite frankly, I didn't care. I had a good gig in this world, so I saw need to leave. Unfortunately Hu didn't see it that way, and if I didn't want to go willingly then she'd me to crossover. Let's just say I bolted immediately from the scene.

For the next few days I kept on the move, but Hu was always right behind me and after a while she called for help. Two members of an exorcist clan had chosen to assist her, an aunt and her nephew. The nephew had been easy to dodge and get around, he was less experience, but the aunt was another story. She had been a far bigger threat than Hu, inhuman almost. A couple times I swore she would have caught me if not for some last minute luck on my part.

It was then I realized that no matter where I went in Liyue, they'd chase me down. I'd need to go further beyond Liyue to escape. It would have been risky, going to the Harbor where the Funeral Parlor was located, but it was the only way to grab a vessel and get off the continent. I could have tried flying to another country but I didn't know if it was viable. Even as a spirit there had been some limits to my movement. I could never fly too high up, nor could I fly for indefinite periods of time.

So I waited for a boat sail out. I was at the top of a nearby building by the docks keeping an eye out. There was a ship heading to Inazuma in few minutes. All I need to do was get on board by possessing a passenger. I couldn't board too early or I ran the risk of being found before we left nor could I board too late or the boat my be out reach, so I waited.

Pit, pat, pit, pat.

My eyes widened as I registered the sound. Instinctively I phased into the roof I was standing on just in time to avoid my assailant. The exorcist lady had landed right where I had been. They had found me, I realized. I didn't waste time flying away from her, only to see Hu and the exorcist boy approaching my location. This wasn't good, I needed a little more time.

It was now or never, I thought as I started to fly straight through the harbor. The best way to fool them was to be as random and as crazy as possible. I flew in the most haphazard way I could think off. Taking every corner, flying into every building, into every floor and just plain flying around randomly. Soon I was able to trick them into following me all over the place, causing chaos for everyone around. Not long after the Milleth arrived, in order to qualm the disturbance I had caused.

I looked on as Hu and the exorcists were being detained from all the trouble they caused, just as planned. Now that they were taken care I went back to the boat that had just called for its passengers to board. I wasted no time and possessed the first suitable vessel I saw, a young Inazuman girl, with blonde hair and gold eyes.

Upon taking control of her body, I safely boarded the boat without worry. Once on board I let out a sigh of relieve as looked back at the Harbor.

As the boat departed I kept my eyes on Hu and her friends, a soft smile creeping on my stolen lips as we sailed. I had won. Now safe I allowed myself some time relax, taking a bite out of the candy apple, my host had been holding on to when she bored. I savored the sweetness of the treat, as if it represented my victory. Now I truly had a new lease on life, with a new body and new identity, far from home. I was no longer a run of the mill delivery boy. Now I was Yoimiya, the Queen of Summer.

What happens next

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)