More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

Which world does this take place in?

A 'calm' day at hope's peak

Spoiler warning for the 3 Danganronpa games(Like there's one in this very chapter's trigger list for the first game)

Hope's peak is one of the best schools in the world and it was growing rapidly these past few years. Just this year it managed to scout for 2 new classes of students, class 78 and class 79 truly a milestone for the academy. Yet the academy has a dark future ahead of it, one of its students would soon make an attempt to spread despair around the world and crush it. Someone would stop this attempt before it even happens but for a price. A new game will begin, contained within hope's peaks walls as the machinations of a new player would soon test its inhabitants. Or rather, it will test one specific individual.

Makoto Naegi woke up in daze, he felt as though he had been knocked by a bat or some other blunt object. As he tried to look a round, he felt his headache begin to subside and he recognized the room he was in one of the dorm rooms in the old building. It was a rather plain room but at least the bed was comfortable. As he sat up, he tried to recall what brought him to this situation. He remember walking to school on morning, greeting his classmates, senpais and those students of class 79 before heading to his classroom. And as he entered the classroom, he was knocked out by something. Strange. He got out of the bed and walked towards the door to leave and try to find someone else to get a better idea of the situation. However as soon as he neared the door, a small panel opened on the wall near his door and a half black and half white robotic looking bear appeared. He also noticed the bear had a large mark of a diamond branded into its torso. Its jagged eye lit up with a silver-green light as it spoke up. "pupupupu, how was your sleep Naegi-kun? hope you don't mind the rough treatment huuu?"

Makoto, stunned from the strange looking automaton, only managed a "Huh?"

The bear cackled," Bear got your tongue? kukuku, well if you cant speak up, its up to me to fill the dead air! I am Monokuma, and i have kidnapped you and all you schoolmates, so you're all trapped here now, understood?"

Makoto managed to gather his composure by this point and replied," what do you mean trapped here? who are you and what did you want?"

The bear snickered to itself, " Are you deaf Naegi-kun? i just said i kidnapped you and my name is Monokuma! Geez youngsters now of days can't even understand basic Japanese? As for why i am here... i want you to entertain me Naegi-kun."

Makoto frowned, clearly this bear and whoever was controlling it didn't mean well. And something about how the bear said the word 'entertainment' put him on edge. He asked," what do you mean entertainment? I am not going to play your sick game Monokuma!"

The bear continued to giggle," Oh come on Naegi-kun, i know you're in high school now so you know what i mean. I want amusement, something to relax to, something fun to watch or something Pleasurable." A mischievous glint was seen the the mechanical eye of the bear. He then made a pouty face and said dramatically, " Oh well if you won't indulge my desires than i suppose i should just let you and your classmates kill each other in a killing game then. That's as good entertainment as any right Naegi-kun? pupupu"

Makoto visibly recoiled in alarm, exclaiming," Killing game? No! My classmates and I will not ever kill each other, we have know each other for a good while now and i won't ever kill my friends!"

The Bear let out a loud snort," Friendship? Oh but Naegi-kun, don't you know that everyone can be pushed to do anything if given the right motive? If you won't indulge me, someone will have to die Naegi-kun~"

Makoto grew silent before responding fiercely," What do you want from me, Monokuma?"

The Bear's mouth noticeably formed a smirk," I knew that will get your attention Naegi-kun. The game i am proposing is simple. In this location, i have kidnapped basically the entirety of class 77-B, 78 and 79. They are currently in separate parts of the school currently inactive, except for your class who are waking up now. You see, with the aid of modern technology, i have managed to gain the ability to control people's actions. And have used it to put some suggestions into their minds. Some Triggers if you will. I have programmed them to only work for you Naegi-kun." The bear's eyes lit up with an intense green light before it spoke smugly," and so here's the game Naegi-kun. If you manage to keep activating triggers, i will continue to delay putting out motives that will encourage your friends to start killing each other. And once you activate a certain number of triggers for each girl in your class, one of the other classes will be let go and the game continues. Once you finishes activating all the triggers of all the girls in every class held here you win and i will let you and all your schoolmates go without harming you."

Makoto frowned," And what are these triggers for exactly?"

The bear dramatically and exaggeratedly fell onto the floor before he picked himself up and exclaimed," How are you so DENSE?! Obviously the triggers will be to help you have SEX! Or i guess not all of them are sex related but still!"

Makoto blushed," W-what?"

Monokuma let out an exasperated sigh," SEX, Naegi-kun! You're a hormonal teenager aren't you? Isn't this your dream come true?"

"I'm not a pervert!" Makoto called out indignantly

Monokuma smiled at him," Is that a fact now? kukukuku... But anyway do you accept? Or shall i prepare the motive now Naegi-kun? Its truly up to you." Monokuma's smile become a sneer as the two locked eyes.

Makoto sighed, "If its for my friends safety, for everyone in the school's safety, i will do it. I will play your perverted game Monokuma!" He said his eyes flaring with determination. Monokuma giggled before he walked back towards the panel turning around just as he entered it, saying," Good choice, Naegi-kun~. You will find more instructions in your student handbook."

Hearing this, Makoto went to look for his school issued student handbook, finding it was in fact in his bag. Picking it up, instead of the normal screen it has this:

Trigger game instructions

Your handbook now contains an icon that has the data of all the girls who are participating in the game. Profiles that are black and white indicates the girl is from a class that is currently inactive

Clicking on the girls profile will show the current actions needed to activate the trigger of the girl, in addition it will indicate the triggers that are unlocked for the girls. If you complete the action, the trigger will activate.

Triggers are split into active and passive triggers. Active triggers require a specific action or spoken phrase to be activated while passive triggers are active all the time and cannot be turned off. A red hint indicates the unlocked trigger is an active while a blue hint indicates the unlocked trigger is a passive trigger. ** It should be noted that the triggers and the actions required to unlock a trigger are not directly related in terms of their intensity. For instance a perverted trigger is might be unlocked by an innocent action or vice versa. Triggers also will not directly harm you or the girls affected. Each girl has a different set of triggers though some may have some overlaps *_**There are currently 4 trigger types that are hidden and can be unlocked through actions or from the shop.*\_\

Triggers are only unlocked if the action undertaken has been acknowledged by the person who you took the action on. Once a trigger is unlocked, there is a grace period called clean up time in which for a specific amount of time all people in the school will be in a daze and be considered . You should take this time to conceal any evidence that the action that was required to unlock a particular trigger especially if the action was obviously perverted to prevent you from being caught. Clean up time can last from 5 minutes up to an hour depending of the intensity of the action. It is advised you use this time wisely as all your classmates are still themselves and any odd occurrences will likely garner suspicion. It is also to be noted that any small subtle changes are unlikely to draw attention from the subject and are likely to be simply rationalized away. These include slight movement and wrinkling of clothes. However obvious changes such as visible shifts in position and changes or removal of clothing will be noted by the subject.

Action state is the condition that determines the type of actions needed to unlock a trigger. The action state affects all actions and are a general guide of the type of action that needs to be carried out. Action states are changed once a certain number of actions are done and such action states changes are irreversible. There are currently 4 action states: innocent, slightly hormonal, perverted and creep. A change in action state will change all actions regardless of if any actions has been pursued. *There are 3 hidden action states that can be unlocked after certain actions*

You also have a counter which shows the amount of monocoins you have. These monocoins will be your special currency while you are playing this game. Every time you use an active trigger or when certain passive triggers are activated, you will receive a certain amount of monocoins. In addition, there are certain tasks you can undertake in order to earn additional monocoin if needed. These monocoins will be credited during night time. The monocoins can be spent in the monoshop for special items or upgrades to living conditions. Monocoins can also be found as physical locations around the school. These monocoins will be credited immediately upon pick up (I can always see you fufufufu~). The following are available at the monoshop currently:

forgive me light(1 use)~40 monocoins**

ignore me everyone!(1 hour)~100 monocoins

Aphrodisiac~200 monocoins

Alter trigger~250 monocoins

Free touch pass~500 monocoins

More to come!~

Lose conditions:

Makoto reveals the nature of the game to other participants

No action taken within a 24 hour period

Makoto Dies

causing others to become too suspicious of you (getting caught)

Current action status: innocent(update to slightly hormonal in 2 actions)

(0) Kyoko Kirigiri - Touch her face (Red)

(0) Sayaka Maizono - hold her hand (Red)

(0)Mukuro ikusaba - enter her room (Blue)

(0) Celestia Ludenberg - play a game with her (blue)

(0) Aoi Asahina - Ask to watch her swim (Red)

(0) Toko Fukawa -hold a conversation with her lasting atleast 10 seconds(blue)

(0) Sakura Ogami - Give her a protein shake(Red)

But of course most importantly, HAVE FUN!

~love, monokuma

As Makoto finished reading the instructions, a timer appeared on his screen lasting 24 hours beginning immediately. Makoto looked at the opening where Monokuma disappeared, grumbling under his breath. It seems this 'game' of his has began, and Makoto will have to play along for now. As he wondered what to do next, he swore to himself that he would beat the game and save all his friends. He will never give in to this bear's game.



What does Makoto do next? What should he do next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)