More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by SkyDreamer SkyDreamer

You are...

[Rules of the GAMEs, and bonus content]

GAME Tracker

  • Every person on campus has a smartphone-like device called a GAME Tracker, or GT. This is an essential tool for everyone there, as it contains many important functions for living on campus, and is also the gadget through which all GAMEs are conducted.
  • The GT has five tabs that the user can switch between: Phone, ID, Wallet, GAME Play, GAME Stats.
  • The Phone tab contains all the functions of a normal smartphone: calls, texts, internet, camera, apps, contacts, etc.
  • The ID tab shows the ID which represents you on campus, whether you're a student, lecturer, or miscellaneous staff. It is necessary to display this to get into almost any of the university buildings, which makes keeping your GT on your person a necessity. It contains all the standard information you'd expect, such as your profile photo, name, nickname, age, gender, student/staff status, subject/department, etc. But if someone were to scroll further down below this, they'd discover some more interesting windows of information to open, such as sexual history, criminal record, menstrual cycle details, etc.
  • The Wallet tab shows the user's current PRIZE funds, the currency on campus (1P is roughly equivalent to £0.10). They can also open a more detailed breakdown of expenditure and income. There is another window which shows jobs currently being offered around campus, or any other opportunities nearby to earn some money. If the user is in negative figures, there is also a window to show the work they will need to complete to earn their way back up into positive figures.
  • The GAME Play tab is what all current games are run through. Here, you can find a list of everyone in the vicinity, or on your contact list, who's eligible to be challenged to a GAME, and challenging them is as simple as tapping their name and clicking "CHALLENGE." You can also create a GAME group and invite people to it, allowing you to create games of more than two players. Your other options after tapping their icon are to add them to your contact list if they aren't already, or to view their ID.
  • The GAME Stats tab records the user's full GAME history, showing overall stats such as win/loss ratio, most fought opponents etc, along with detailed breakdowns of every individual GAME, including how both the GAME and consequences played out. This tab also shows any ongoing consequences, helpful for those which have a long duration.

GAME declaration

  • Once someone has declared a GAME challenge, they then describe the details of the GAME aloud.
  • Whether the opponent hears this or not, their GT will vibrate, and the breakdown of the GAME will be displayed on all players' screens: CONTEST rules, WIN condition, LOSE condition, and NO PLAY condition.
  • The challenged opponent will then have the following options: ACCEPT the GAME, choose NO PLAY, or opt to change the WIN condition.
  • Should an hour pass without the opponent taking action or the challenger cancelling the challenge, then the NO PLAY condition will be selected automatically.

Stakes

  • A GAME has three possible OUTCOMEs:
  • WIN - The challenged opponent wins
  • LOSE - The challenger wins
  • NO PLAY - The opponent refuses to participate
  • Each of these must have a stake attached to them. The challenger decides the LOSE and NO PLAY consequences, while the opponent has the option to choose the WIN OUTCOME, though they may defer that decision to the challenger.
  • The NO PLAY consequence must be less severe for the opponent than the LOSE consequence would be.
  • The NO PLAY consequence can only be invoked before the opponent accepts the GAME. If they accept it, and then part-way through refuse to play, they will automatically lose instead.
  • [Optional] The NO PLAY consequence must apply equally to both challenger & opponent.

CONTEST

  • Along with the stakes, the challenger must decide on the CONTEST in which the players will be participating in.
  • The odds of each player winning the challenge must be inversely proportional to the significance of their reward: for instance, if the challenger has the potential to claim a large reward, while the opponent only stands to receive a small reward, then the odds of winning the challenge must be stacked in the opponent's favour to match.
  • If this is not adhered to, the GAME is judged as unfair, and the GT will inform the challenger of what changes need to be made to render the GAME valid.
  • However, if this is conformed to, then the GAME will be confirmed, and locked in if the opponent chooses to accept the challenge. It is now no longer possible for a player to refuse participation without incurring their lose consequence.
  • Note, the odds of each player winning are based on the shared information all players have. If one player has a secret strategy that boosts their odds, but remains within the rules defined in the wording of the GAME, then this is considered legitimate play and does not alter their odds. However, if they have a secret cheat that goes against the rules laid-out, then if the opponent discovers it before the GAME is over, the cheater will immediately lose, and the victor will be able to name a new consequence for them, which will not be bound by any limitations on severity.
  • Stakes shall be weighed against each other on their own merits, without consideration of any stakes present in other ongoing GAMEs the same players may be involved in.

OUTCOME

  • Once an OUTCOME has been decided, the consequences will take effect. They cannot be disobeyed, as everyone involved will be magically compelled to follow them, though their minds' willingness on the matter will not change.
  • As well as the rewards decided upon amongst themselves, the winner will also receive some PRIZE tokens added to their account, the currency of this campus. Unless, of course, it is agreed between all players first that PRIZE will not be exchanged in this particular GAME.
  • The winner will receive a number of tokens equal to their opponent's percentage odds of winning, while the loser will lose an equal amount of coins from their account.
  • People who select NO PLAY will not receive or lose any PRIZE coins.
  • Should the loser's account drop into negative figures, they will be collected by the mysterious Auditors who oversee the campus's economy, and to perform various tasks to earn their balance back.

Additional notes

  • The effective range of the GT to pick up other players in the area is 100 metres.
  • If a player's reward for winning requires something they don't have, from objects like condoms to magical effects like enhanced virility, then the magic of the GAME system will provide, though it will deduct the cost from the loser's PRIZE to do so. If something is required for a NO PLAY OUTCOME, or if something is required during the CONTEST, then the one who initiated the GAME will be charged.
  • Any magical effects will only stay in effect while the subject is on campus. Outside of the grounds, the magic does not exist, though it will be reinstated should the subject return. (However, magic which creates a permanent non-magical change will not have its effects undone. If magic killed someone, taking them off-campus won't bring them back to life, because magic is not required to sustain .)
  • Anyone who has played and lost, or refused to play, a GAME against someone, will not be able to challenge that same opponent to another GAME for 24 hours. This effect will be negated, however, if they are challenged again by the person they lost to, and then that challenger loses.
  • After a challenged opponent selects NO PLAY, they have the option to block their challenger from challenging them again for 24 hours.
  • Someone who has an ongoing GAME cannot challenge that same opponent to another GAME until the first GAME has resolved. If their opponent agrees, they can add additional stakes or conditions to an ongoing GAME, but they cannot remove ones already in place.
  • The laws on campus are a bit more liberal than the rest of the world: nudity, porn and sexual conduct of any kind are not illegal in the slightest. Nor is taking, dealing or possessing . All other laws are still in place though, so someone via or , or forcing others to take , would still be illegal unless you had won the right to do so through a GAME. Anything done under the effects of a GAME will never be classed as a criminal act unless it affects someone who was not playing.
  • As a result of the relaxed sexual-content laws, a lot of games, movies and other media present here have been modified to take any such censorship out. Game characters aren't limited to stripping down to just their underwear, there are no pixelated blurs, sex scenes don't happen out-of-frame or needlessly underneath bedsheets, etc.

Bonus Content

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)