More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by nothatperson nothatperson

Where does our story begin?

(Third Person, Elder Scrolls, F/F) Two Imperial Soldiers

Cameron and Aida had fought at each other's sides for their whole lives; had been lifelong friends almost since birth. Now in their thirties, they still fought for the Empire.

The Aldmeri Dominion had taken their empire when they were merely five. The White-Gold Concordat had ended the war at great cost; this, however, was old history for Cameron and Aida. This is how they'd known things to be for a vast majority of their lives.

It wasn't exactly what they were happy with, having the High Elves of Summerset Isle breathing down their necks. They only fought in the hopes their empire might some day grow some backbone. That it might someday find the strength to finally stand together and throw the elves off their shoulders.

Of course, such a future would be bloody.

Of course, Cameron and Aida would be at the front lines, giving it their all. If they died, they'd die in glory for their people; their empire, their home.

Now, though, they fought in Skyrim, home of the Nords. There was a revolution happening. Ulfric Stormcloak, leader of the rebellion, had murdered the high king months ago, starting a brutal war.

Cameron and Aida cared not where they fought; all they cared was that they'd have a fair fight, an honorable fight.

That's what they hoped for, today.

Cameron had been awake for a couple hours, now. Morning was just beginning to shine.

Her tent-mate, Aida, had slept well, fortunate for her. Cameron hadn't slept well at all. Now, though, she began to rouse. Her black hair was moved from her face by her wandering hand.

Cameron really hadn't done much in the past two hours. Sure, she had a book, but she'd finished it weeks ago and was stuck in a loop of reading it over and over again. This morning, she decided against the inevitable and resorted to simply staring at her partner. Of course, what that truly meant was far in the air; they regularly had their share of sexual experiences, but had yet to call each other 'love'.

Time will tell, Cameron thought. "Morning, sleepyhead." She said, still staring.

"Mmm..." Roused Aida. "G'morning."

"I couldn't sleep last night." Cameron admitted, flatly.

"And you think I did?" Aida asked.

"Probably. I mean, I was awake for half of it."

Aida sat and shrugged. "Fair."

Cameron rose too, brushing a rogue strand of auburn hair from her face. "I'm so glad we're not doing any fighting today. I'm pooped."

Aida looked to her partner. "Well, what did you expect? We've been fighting for 3 weeks straight."

"I didn't expect much else. I just didn't expect it to be this bad."

The women kept to their tent, talking for another hour. They were interrupted, though, as a fellow soldier opened their tent. "You two are on guard duty." He said, before leaving.

"Mmmm. Fine." Aida muttered, clambering to the back of her tent to suit herself. Cameron mirrored her.

Within minutes, the two were standing in the cold, wintry air, shivering and staring at the snow.

They had no idea, though, that a mage was on the prowl. She had been experimenting for weeks, having found a strange artifact. Maybe it was of the Nords, maybe it wasn't; she cared not. All she cared for was the immense power it held, being able to lock two beings together however it liked. Seeing as it responded strikingly well to her will, that meant she had incredible power in her hand.

She decided she would use it on the two soldiers guarding an Imperial camp. She wasn't really fond of the war, but if she had to choose a side, it would have been Ulfric's. She was a Nord, after all.

The smiling mage looked at the guards, wondering how she'd ruin their lives.

What should the mage do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)